AC blowing heat??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lil tahoe

Reaction score
Ok so I finally had to start using my AC in my 07 and low and behold the passenger side blows heat instead! I checked all of the normal stuff like pass climate control etc but that didnt fix it. Dropped it off at the Dealership Monday night, they called today to tell me they had to call Chevy Master Tech to see what the problem is, they replaced the acctuator (sp) but that didnt help. Anyone else heard of or had this issue??? Im going to pick up the rental tonight because they said it would be at least another 3 days so everyone cross your fingers that its not a peanut car, i explicitly told him no PEANUTS!

o2bwln

Reaction score
Not sure how Chevy's AC works, but I remember that my Jeep Grand Cherokee's blend door for the AC system needed to be replaced. Might be the same thing here. The symptoms sound the same.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont count on not getting a peanut. I requested a full size car and said i would be willing to pay for an suv or truck. They said i cant pay for it with out paying for the entire rental. My truck was only gunna be in for 1 day so i took the yota carolla.

Not trying to make you sound stupid. But is the heat on in the back using the rear controls even if your front is set to 72 with the snowflake on if your last person who took a ride in the back bumped the temp to 85 then its gunna blow 85 no matter what you have it set at, now im not sure if pressing the AUX button up front over rides this. i would have to check.

lil tahoe

Reaction score
I did check the rear controls and they were set to 60 also, dont worry, I dont think you were calling me an idiot, Chevy cant figure it out so they are dropping the whole dash. They called and they are going to give me an equinox which isnt quite a tahoe but it sure isnt an aveo!! The earliest I will have it back is Friday and if anyone has been in GA and drives GA 400 you understand why I dont want to drive a peanut!

lil tahoe

Reaction score
*UPDATE* They still have no clue what it is, did warn me that if my kid shoved a hot wheels or something down there Id be paying for it, but I got a trailblazer as a loaner, not as nice as my Tahoe but better than an Aveo!!!

Dudeguy

Reaction score
I just lost my rear condenser and the system blows hot air. The dealership in Columbus recharged my system, but the leak left me without A/C after passing through Akron. Two weeks before I can get a chance to give up the Hoe. Just a chance you have a low/no refrigerant?

James

boiler01

Reaction score
My '07 is doing something similiar, I have cold A/C on the drivers side and in the rear, but the passenger side is smoking hot. Somebody on another forum told me to pull the A/C fuse and then restart the vehicle. Turn the vehicle off and then reinstall the fuse. Doing this will reset the computer that controls the A/C??? I haven't tried it yet, I'm hoping it works.

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The temperature blend door actuator has lost it's calibration. All you have to do to reset it is turn the HVAC controls off, front and rear. Disconnect the battery under the hood for at least 1 minute. Reconnect the battery and then start the vehicle. DO NOT touch the HVAC controller for at least another 1-2 minutes. The system will relearn all the actuator door stops and this should take care of your problem.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an after market DVD player installed in my HOE the dude that did the install ended up buring my BCM which lead to my AC blowing hot air. I took it the dealership and they were able to replace the BCM for free, of course I didn't tell them about the DVD Player.

lil tahoe

Reaction score
Well they found the problem, it was the main unit all the way under the dash, they replaced the acctuators etc none of that work, poor guy spent 30 hours on my truck but its fixed! At least I had a trailblazer as a rental and not some horrible little aveo!!

Holikz

Reaction score
The temperature blend door actuator has lost it's calibration. All you have to do to reset it is turn the HVAC controls off, front and rear. Disconnect the battery under the hood for at least 1 minute. Reconnect the battery and then start the vehicle. DO NOT touch the HVAC controller for at least another 1-2 minutes. The system will relearn all the actuator door stops and this should take care of your problem.

Anyone does know where the actuator is located, pictures if possible.

thanks,

MoneyMike

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to replace the actuator?
I have a 2004 Tahoe LT and had to replace the battery last night. Now the passenger side blows very hot air and will not blow cold. I will try to disconnect the battery again and reset the computer, but after goggling this problem, it seems to be the case for a LOT of people when the battery is changed. Chevy refuses to call this a safety hazard, but I beg to differ when you are driving around in the Texas heat of 101 and your AC is blowing 150 degrees at the vent.:cuss:

scottvan

Reaction score
Well, I changed my battery today, started it up, and I get hot air blowing through the windshield vents. The A/C is set to 60F. The rear A/C seems to be working fine. I can't turn down the heat on the front unless I turn it all off. I also can't change the output vents, although the digital display says 60F and front panel. So I disconnected the battery for a minute, reconnected it, started it up and left the A/C off for a few minutes. Turning it back on, I'm able to direct the air to whichever vents I want, but it's still blowing hot air. Rear A/C working fine. I have a 2004 LT with digital A/C controls. Any suggestions?

scottvan

Reaction score
Ok, I have an update. It seems to be working normally now. I had read somewhere on the internets that pressing the #1 seat position setting resets the A/C computer, and I guess that is what has fixed it. I say fixed it, in that it is now blowing cold air, and since it's 90F here, I'm not going to experiment with the A/C controls any further.

z71_tahoe

Reaction score
Any updates here? Are the problems more often than not, a control problem or an actuator problem? I have an 04 Z71 Tahoe that is blowing hot air on the passenger side intermittently when it should be cold.

It is always the passenger side and seems to always be when I select cold air.

I'd sure appreciate suggestions before I tear into it.

gregarth

Reaction score
Opposite

I have the opposite problem with my 07 Tahoe. We had the heat on last month traveling. My wife had to wear her jacket because the passenger side would blow heat and then switch to blowing cold air for a few minutes and then back to heat.