Advice sought: Buying a used TAHOE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THEKID

Reaction score
Been looking for a Tahoe or Yukon for the past few months.

This weekend I saw a white '04 Z71 this past weekend. Mint condition. 16,045 miles. $24,500 (loaded, including DVD, moon roof, etc). Thought that was pricey and though CARFAX says there was only 1 owner, 4k miles a year is hard to believe. Only 1 yr left on power train warranty. Again, the car was in mint condition.

Last night I saw a black '04 Z71. Excellent condition. 49,900 miles. $21,000 (loaded, but missing the moon roof). CARFAX says only 1 owner. About 14k miles per year. 16 months left on powertrain warranty. Easier to believe, but significantly more than the white vehicle.

Question:
Do you think 49,900 mileage vehicle would be ok, or am I crazy not to go with the white one with 33,000 less miles (despite the $3,500 difference in price)?

What would you do?

Thanks,
THEKID

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Personally if it were me choosing between those two and no other, I'd go with the first one with only 16K miles. $3500 isnt't much considering you don't know how the other vehicle was maintained the extra 33K miles.

THEKID

Reaction score
The thing is...the vehicle with 49,900 miles shows a CARFAX record of oil changes every 2,000 miles.

THEKID

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the white one as well. Low miles........ it's very hard to fake mileage these days. Are both at dealers? I notice around NYC and NJ that all the Yukons and Tahoes are at dealers. Very few for sale by private party. Alos, the moon roof is a big plus and the white one has it.

PS Carfax is not 100% trustworthy. Things could have happened that were not reported.

THEKID

Reaction score
Yeah, these vehicles are at a CHEVY dealer.

I'm worried that someone may have turned back the odometer on the white z71. Although again, it's spotless.

THEKID