Aftermarket Air Filter and Chip question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the GM CAI on mine, and I can't hear any difference over stock, but I also have the Magnafow exhaust that probably drowns out any extra noise.

Not sure about the AFE, but the Volant is an oil filter which can cause some problems if you don't oil it properly. I have the Volant on my Duramax and I love it, very slick set up, but the wife wanted to keep the Yukon closer to stock.

2laidback

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to go to a shop to have the Tahoe tuned and dynoed? That is what I was going to do with my 'vette before it got lemon lawed? There were the programmers for sale like the super chips and the like, but the best way to have the programming done was to have it taken to a tuner. What 'cha think?
Jon

Lizard1

Reaction score
i have done that for other vehicles - namely high end sportscars. but i wouldn't do it for the tahoe - i'm not using it at the track so i don't really care what the numbers are as long as their increased ;)

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to go to a shop to have the Tahoe tuned and dynoed? That is what I was going to do with my 'vette before it got lemon lawed? There were the programmers for sale like the super chips and the like, but the best way to have the programming done was to have it taken to a tuner. What 'cha think?
Jon

Usually you take it to a tuner because you've made some serious internal mods to the engine like a cam or head change. Superchips knows what you engine is at the stock level and know what they can do without grenading your motor. IMO I doubt a tuner using a dyno and programmer could get much more out of the engine than a Superchips type programmer.

magundo

Reaction score
oil in air filters

hey i was wondering what weight the claim of oil in the air filters like k&n messing with the engine internals has. i have talked to some people and wanted to see others input on it