Air Conditioning Blower speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jschuster09

Reaction score
Sorry about this new thread that has probably been answers a billion times but I saw nowhere you can seach threads.

I have a 2001 Tahoe and on my switch for blower speeds, #1,2 and 3 do not work. #4 and 5 do work. What is the issue? A bad selector? And how do I replace? Thank you in advance

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI for the future, the search feature is in the black horizontal navigation bar at the top between New posts and Quick links… Or just click here

jniolon

Reaction score
9 out of 10 times it's a bad blower resistor board.... it's located under the dash in the heater housing. Mine (for an '03) was about 60-70 bucks at the dealer... 10 minute fix remove the cover plate (two screws)... resistor board is screwed into the underside of the heater housing... remove it... give the dealer all your money and replace it...

if the wiring harness (one connector and 6 wires 6" long - 112.00) is burned...give the dealer more of all your money

john

CincinnatiZ

Reaction score
must be a common thing. My truck is the same way. I almost forgot about it because I just deal with it... I should get it fixed.

dpnut2

Reaction score
blower..?!

sounds like the blower resistor, does the blower turn off when the truck is off??

I have something like this...my front control blower does not kick out any air, happened over the summer, no cold air blowing out (rear is fine)...now its happening with the hot air, not blowing anything out at any speed...i did notice once that the blower before this was happening it (the blower) stayed on after the car was turned off and stayed on for a few minutes...is it the resistor, does anyone have any input on this?

I search and could not find anything...

spedkid94

Reaction score
its a blower motor resistor, they are about 20 bucks from a parts store and take about to min to replace. it should be under you glove box.

phonedrn8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9 out of 10 times it's a bad blower resistor board.... it's located under the dash in the heater housing. Mine (for an '03) was about 60-70 bucks at the dealer... 10 minute fix remove the cover plate (two screws)... resistor board is screwed into the underside of the heater housing... remove it... give the dealer all your money and replace it...

if the wiring harness (one connector and 6 wires 6" long - 112.00) is burned...give the dealer more of all your money

john

good info i think im in the same boat have to get mine replace also

Nimrod_R

Reaction score
Sorry about this new thread that has probably been answers a billion times but I saw nowhere you can seach threads.

I have a 2001 Tahoe and on my switch for blower speeds, #1,2 and 3 do not work. #4 and 5 do work. What is the issue? A bad selector? And how do I replace? Thank you in advance

I see its an old thread but Im in the same boat with my 2004.

Thanks to the replies, I am gonna check mine out to see if thats what it is.

Nimrod_R

Reaction score
Finally got around to doing mine today. Thats what it was, "blower motor resistor", easy to get to and replace. Best part was it was only $51.49 with tax for the AC Delco one. They had a cheap version for $23 but it wasnt a direct bolt in, you had to find a way to bolt it to the housing.

jadimon

Reaction score
Makes sense. That's my problem also. I'll get the AC Delco version. I bought a bad egr valve from auto zone last year, so I only go to AC Delco for parts that matter now.

Nimrod_R

Reaction score
Wish I could help you but I dont remember, should be a piece of cake to find when you go in and tell the guy what you need.