Almost broken into...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow man, my RX-8 looked pretty similar to that after the vandalism, minus the front clip missing. I've actually wondered if an ex-girlfriend of mine did the damage to my car. I was near her neighborhood when it happened, so I've always kind of thought it was probably her.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! Glad they didnt get the good stuff!

Just yesterday at about 1am (we were up late with my cousin that was visiting) my wife went out to the garage (we had the door up as we were going in and out) and found two guys standing in our garage. She yelled my name and I came running but they were already about 5 houses down the alley and couldnt catch them.

I fear that in bad economic times we will be seeing more of these types of things. I would if you can, put your baby in the garage.

Very glad to hear it all worked out for you though. :thumbsup:

SourDiesel

Reaction score
with 22's on the truck your just askin for it.. I hate when people bust **** just for no reason, not even to steal. What the **** is up with that. I have a pretty hi profile truck right now and ive talked to some of my friends who used to do alot of that stuff when they were younger, they said no matter what if theres lights around the truck or even inside it (blinking led's) they would skip it and move on.

One thing to keep in mind most people dont rob trucks to get the stereo equipment (which comes as a surprise to some) considering it takes some knowledge of the specific vehicle to disassemble most of it but they are just looking for valuables (ipods, phones, money, guns, etc).

In my opinion, leave your **** unlocked if its outside. Dont keep anything in it.. you wont get robbed.

Also, just wire up a blinking led on your dash. Red led = Do not attempt to touch the vehicle

bigjherms

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. SourDiesel is right tho. 22s attract a lot of attention. Good and bad. I got 22s on mine and it was broken into through the window. Took my camera that was inside the center console. It still breaks my heart when i see these pics

Attachments

• IMG_0725_1024.jpg
    IMG_0725_1024.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 6

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you guys need to get an animal to protect your trucks, my baby girl won't get anything happen to mine
IMG00341.jpg

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window broken out...

I had the same thing happen to my Chevy Truck a few years ago. Punks stole all the crap I had in my truck box (mostly off brand tools & a quart of oil), and then they broke my window out and set off the alarm. All they stole out of there was a pair of walkie-talkies that sucked unless your were in the same room, and my Oakleys. The police came out, dusted for prints, and drove off.

I was more pissed about the sunglasses than anything. I had a removable face player in the dash, so they did not even look at it. I think they were into my console looking for the face for the radio,a garage opener or check book.

Ever since that happened, my garage has housed both of our cars, and little else. It sucks to be this way, but some people will steal anything that's not nailed down. And punk a$$ kids can get away with anything nowadays. :mad3:

It's best to just assume that you're a target for thieves and punks, and put your toys away when you're not using them.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my Chevy Truck a few years ago. Punks stole all the crap I had in my truck box (mostly off brand tools & a quart of oil), and then they broke my window out and set off the alarm. All they stole out of there was a pair of walkie-talkies that sucked unless your were in the same room, and my Oakleys. The police came out, dusted for prints, and drove off.

I was more pissed about the sunglasses than anything. I had a removable face player in the dash, so they did not even look at it. I think they were into my console looking for the face for the radio,a garage opener or check book.

Ever since that happened, my garage has housed both of our cars, and little else. It sucks to be this way, but some people will steal anything that's not nailed down. And punk a$$ kids can get away with anything nowadays. :mad3:

It's best to just assume that you're a target for thieves and punks, and put your toys away when you're not using them.

Atleast they dusted ur truck for prints. When they broke into my monte they didnt dust for anything.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dusted on my teg, and said they were wearing gloves so they must have been "pros" :smilielol: or they just watched CSI

chrias

Reaction score
You should add a proximity sensor to your truck as well.

chrias

Reaction score
Wanna bet? My windows are tinited and it works through mine with no problem. Mine is set to warn when you're within a foot of the windows.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
It works through dyed tint, but not so well with tint that has metallic content.

chrias

Reaction score
I had tint on my Trans Am that had metallic content and it still worked fine. Mind you, I had to turn up the sensitivity for it to work to my liking.

YAYSTA

Reaction score
yea i want to put some more security on my yukon, i already had my civic stolen last year, they found it about a month ago, but the guy whole stole it really messed it all up it got oil leaks really bad ones, radiator has a few cracks, the fool kicked in my headlights and stabbed my seats and even left his knife in it and had cigarette burns in the back of the seats and on the roof, spray painted the gas door thing white and let the paint drip down the rest of the car, left his dirty whity tightys in it some guns and alcohol bottles , and some border patrol clothes in it, cops said he jacked him and took his gun and clothes so yea funny thing is he only drove it 3,000 miles in one year im guessing he lived in it and most likely just wanted it since it was 5 percent tint on it, cops are lazy they took it in for a month then told me they couldnt find anything on it

and they didnt even find it the dumb ass parked it in a red zone at a gas station and it was towed

xplizt

Reaction score
Wanna bet? My windows are tinited and it works through mine with no problem. Mine is set to warn when you're within a foot of the windows.

I have been installing proximity sensors for 6 years and I have not ONCE had it work properly on a car with tinted windows. Maybe because almost all good quality tint contains metallic and especially around here. A good quality tint is made to block UV rays and therefore it will contain metallic particles.

But in any case I can tell you that turning it up to be sensitive enough to sense through tint will make it vulnerable through the un-tinted windows. Basically meaning more false alarms.

But hey... if it works for you then great. I'm just telling you from firsthand experience working at several audio shops who installed thousands of alarms with prox sensors.

I would always suggest getting glass break sensors installed in addition since most of the time shock sensors wont go off to shocks on rear windows unless they are very sensitive, which means all passing cars would set it off. And also a prox sensor will only go off after someone passes through zone 2, which means someone is already inside the car.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Xplizt's right. A good quality metallized tint will hinder the operation of a radar prox sensor. The sensors don't work through metal. I've been installing mobile a/v and sec systems and tint for almost 16 yrs. I have metallized Llumar film on my truck. I use my prox for times when I leave my windows cracked in the summer. With the windows all the way up, the prox will not sense except through the windshield.
Aside from the prox, I have a glass break sensor, digital tilt sensor, and dual zone shock sensor. 15 sirens, horn honk, and two interior piezos will pretty much scare anyone away if they set it off. That's why the kids ran off when they shattered my window and the alarm set off.

xplizt

Reaction score
I use my prox for times when I leave my windows cracked in the summer. With the windows all the way up, the prox will not sense except through the windshield.
Aside from the prox, I have a glass break sensor, digital tilt sensor, and dual zone shock sensor. 15 sirens, horn honk, and two interior piezos will pretty much scare anyone away if they set it off.

15 SIRENS?!!????! :eek: A little excessive no? I use the prox for the same thing. Its great for when the windows are down... and when they are up... well, you dont have to worry about all the false alarms they set off.

I have been meaning to install a "state of the art" DEI remote start pager alarm, with Siren/horn honk/interior peizos, tilt sensor, prox, glass break, extra LEDS, backup batt, strobes interior and exterior and interior fogger.... but being the installer.... seems like I never get to my own projects.

Still using my stock keyless/"alarm" (shock sensor tied into the door trigger) and just managed to double tint all three rear windows haven't done the second row yet, and haven't clear laminated the front windows yet. But considering that I have over $10,000 of DJ equipment in there at any given time, on top of my existing upgraded sound and video system in there... I should really clear my schedule for a quick install. (so who wants my address?)

You got to love those peizos though! I couldn't imagine anyone who would want to stick around and steal things when one of those is going off in your ear.