Almost broken into...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yea..probably overkill on the sirens:D. But believe me, no one's sticking around if it goes off. I have all kinds of extra stuff laying around the garage from over the years, so I figured I might as well use the extra sirens instead of laying around collecting dust. I've got too much time and money into my truck to have someone mess with it, so I try to make sure i feel as secure as possible with the sec system I install. I'm looking into adding a spy camera in the interior that starts recording to a HDD or flash drive if the alarm is fully triggered, recording the person(s) breaking in if it ever happens.
With all that DJ equipment, you should get your alarm installed asap!

xplizt

Reaction score
I have been thinking of a HD DVR too but I dont know where to get one small enough and without the need for too many mods to work in the car & with the alarm. Do you know of a product that I dont?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I have been thinking of a HD DVR too but I dont know where to get one small enough and without the need for too many mods to work in the car & with the alarm. Do you know of a product that I dont?
There is a company that makes one for mobile security systems. I don't remember the name off hand, but I'll look it up and let you know.

anglarry05

Reaction score
I've seen a stereo shop by my place that has an alarm with a spy camera. It send a pix to you via to your keychain. I was curious about that one. Wonder how well that actually works? My bright orange civic was busted into twice, my sonoma once. The sonoma they managed to foreced the window down with out breaking it. Took my pioneer cd deck. My civic, they broke the window by prying on it, took my MP3 pionerr deck, and my whole back seat, as I had 3 amps, and a crossover mounted to it. Those two happened 3 months apart, in different states, both while I was deployed. The 2nd time in the civic, the again pryed and broke my window. My neighbors dog heard them outside and was sniffing the door, so he opned the door, and saw four guys run off. THey were apparently interupted, as they had only taken the FACEPLATE to my pioneer, and had my trunk open. NOthing was in there, as I had not yet reinstalled the replacemnt stereo. That was in 04...still have not installed the replacement equipment. Doubt I will now. I might as well ebay it all.

xplizt

Reaction score
xplizt, here is one of the companies I was looking into.

WOW! For that price I think I can rig something up myself. Anything cheaper than $1200?

I've seen a stereo shop by my place that has an alarm with a spy camera. It send a pix to you via to your keychain. I was curious about that one. Wonder how well that actually works?

Skytek has one of those. Mostly all of them are made by the same company and then branded out and a few have "custom" casings to make them look different.

As far as advise on them? Well... I can tell you the quality on those alarms sucks arse and the quality of the image wont be better than a low model camera phone used in low light. Plus you have to make sure that the thief positions themselves directly into the view of the camera. If I remember correctly... the camera actually mounts on the antenna... and the antenna mounts onto the windshield.
So for an experiment, try taking a picture of anything with your camera phone positioned at the front windshield in low light and thats what the image will look like.