Another heated seats question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
I know my heated seats situation is probably getting annoying, but I did some further investigating. Under a hidden panel next to each seat in the 2nd row, is a wiring harness. The harnesses in my Tahoe [w/o heated seats] look exactly like the Denali [w/heated seats], meaning the Denali seats can connect to my Tahoe's wire.

So, I'm thinking, if I swap the seats [which have the female end of the harness] and plug my Tahoe's [male] end into the Denali seats, it'll give them power to heat the seats. I already swapped the floor console's computer, where the buttons for the 2nd row heated seats, climate control, A/V input, etc. are located. Easy switch, all cables fit.

IDK if that's right, but it seems logical. The harness from the car would give the seats power to do whatever they have built into them, in this case heat and power fold. I mean my seats don't do anything at all, but they have a harness plugged into them anyways so maybe GM did that in case someone wanted to swap.

I'm just thinking out loud here. Let me know what you think before I go out there and do the swap. :eek:

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your right. I don't think GM would make two wiring harness, one for and one without.

I know for a FACT my Toyota and my Kenworth have all the wires there, just not all the options.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
That's what I'm thinking. I can't mount the Denali seats up close enough to the harness in my Tahoe to connect them and see, but they're shaped the same and everything. I'll see if my dad will help me remove the 40 side bench, the one that looks like a captain's chair, out of my Tahoe and try the Denali seat in it.