Another instrument cluster question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2K 'Ho last December. About a month or two later sometimes when you started it up the speedo and shift indicator would be blank. If I worked the tilt a few times letting it hit the top the instrument lights would come on. I was told then that the cluster was going out. It did it occasionally during the summer but not much. Lately it's happened more frequently, but this is still a good ten months since it first happened. Could a wire or something be loose and bumping the tilt knocks it back in place? I would think if it was going to go it would have gone before now, or am I just deluding myself?

Tahoez71r

Reaction score
I would like to know... even if it's a simple have to replace cluster answer. Only saw a little bit about 03 and up tahoes getting replaced. I have a 02' and wonder if there is a recall on it or something?

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know... even if it's a simple have to replace cluster answer. Only saw a little bit about 03 and up tahoes getting replaced. I have a 02' and wonder if there is a recall on it or something?

Anyone? C'mon, throw me a bone here.

tac53lpd

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the lights going out in the radio, a/c, and cluster. Sometimes they come back and sometimes they don't. I to heard something about people having to get their clusters replaced at the dealer. I think they said GM extended the warranty past the 3 years 36000 miles. Go see your service dept. and see if your covered under that, you may get lucky.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i can tell you this, my roommate/best friend has a 03' sierra z71 with 22's on 37s and 7 1/2in suspension lift and all that but anyway he had a problem with his rpm needle sticking and it turned out there was a recall for the instrument cluster's that they were going out so check with a gm dealer and see if there is a recall on them

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine did that too for a while after I installed my deck but I Fixed it the Mexican way! I whacked the Dash until they came back on and they have not failed since.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed my friend at the dealer that sold it to me. He was off but said he'd check to see if there was a recall or service bulletin when he gets back in.

176 views and nobody else has any ideas?