Any Gm Techs In Here??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I NEED YOUR HELD SO I CAN GET MY DENALI BACK!!!
My Denali has been in the shop since Wed. of last week. I have it in there because the steering wheel control lights are out(the volume buttons, cruise,station pre sets etc...) one light still works that is the up button that scrolls throught the pre sets. They said the steering wheel controls were bad and they ordered new ones, they put in a new one and it didn't work, so they said to leave the vehicle and they had to check the wires in the steering wheel that didn't work!! So they said they had to call GM Tech support and they told them that they had a lot of steering wheel controls that were bad. So they ordered ANOTHER control and of course still didn't work. Then they said it was the BCM or PCM board not sure and they had one in Charlotte and it would be done by Friday and of course they didn't get the part. Today is Monday and they called me about an hour ago and said they are getting ready to put it in. WHO KNOWS if it will work??? Anyone else have this problem? They gave me a car but of course it was an Impala and not a SUV. Do you think I should demand that they compinsate me for the inconveinance like free oil changes, fill the tank etc..? I think they should do something

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMC just called and said that they BCM board did not work and that they are back to square one and need to call GM Tech support again. He asked me who installed the HID headlights and the interior LEDS and the tech thought they might be interfering with the BCM board. I told them they have been in there for about 2 years and that couldn't be it and also one of the lights on the steering wheel worked so it must me something else. So it looks like I am going to be without my Denali for awhile longer!! Any suggestions?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of my control lights were out and they swapped the unit out in like an hour...is there anywhere else you can take it?

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get it and take it to another dealer. My controls were completely out (lights illuminated though) and they had it done in about 2 hours.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
were your lights out on your steering wheel controls? They replaced the controls on my steering wheel twice and still does not work. Do you have LEDS in your interior lights? I have another dealer but its a little further away. Do you think if I take it to a new dealer they will have to start all over and it will take longer, or is it better to leave it where it is since they have been working on it?
THANKS

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the right hand side sw controls had some lights out. They ordered a new set and installed it. I haven't modified my lights any, but I have a few amps hooked up. I don't know if it would help to bring it to another dealer, that probably depends on what the actual problem is. If it really is something complicated it might take them a while too, but if the people at the one you are at are just incompetent, then it would help to bring it elsewhere.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM just called and said that they ordered new wiring harness and fuse box or something and a couple more parts. They say that they will be in Thursday we will see and he said GM Tech support said this should work. They also told me that they need my rental car because the dealership has to pay for the rental car from this point on. They also said they were unable to get me a SUV but they have a Saab for me, is this ridiculous or what? What do you think I should say to them about the rental and also about making sure I get me car back on Thursday?
Thanks for all your help!! I'm ready to go off on them!!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are under warranty and your repair takes more than 24 hours they are supposed to provide you with a rental vehicle. I don't recall if there is a provision for an equivalent vehicle or not, probably not is my guess. As long as I had a ride I wouldn't care personally.