anybody know how to remove Water spots??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last night i forgot to pull the yukon in the garage, and the sprinklers gave it a nice wash of hard well water last night, spots everyware, took it through a touchless washer, did nothing, brought it home, took the foam gun to it like a mad man, scrubbed it, washed off the soap, Body is now clean for for the life of me i cant get any of the windows clean, this happened to my 06 as well in january and they were still on it even when i traded it in. But this one is too new and flawless to leave the spots on.

any products or ideas. :shy2:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular clay bars are kinda of hard to use, so I use ICCE Liquid Clay Bar which you can get from Wal-Mart for about $15, it works real good and should def. get those water spots off.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last night i forgot to pull the yukon in the garage, and the sprinklers gave it a nice wash of hard well water last night, spots everyware, took it through a touchless washer, did nothing, brought it home, took the foam gun to it like a mad man, scrubbed it, washed off the soap, Body is now clean for for the life of me i cant get any of the windows clean, this happened to my 06 as well in january and they were still on it even when i traded it in. But this one is too new and flawless to leave the spots on.

any products or ideas. :shy2:

Claybar will probably work. Before you spend money on it though, if you have any paint thinner around try a small dab of it with a soft cloth and see if that works first. Paint thinner usually works good on glass to take out lil bothersome spots.

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clay bar.
I find it to be one of, if not the most useful exterior car care product. I don't think its difficult to use, just don't use it in full sun, and makes the paint feel soo smooth afterwards.

Will this remove the "ghost" spots on my truck from removing my badges, or will a good orbital waxing do the trick?:confused:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this remove the "ghost" spots on my truck from removing my badges, or will a good orbital waxing do the trick?:confused:

I removed my Ghost spots for debadging with Clear Coat safe bug and tar remover with the help of clay bar and wax, can't even tell their were ever badges their now.

ZX1100F1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1
A claybar is a great and inexpensive way to remove most all contaminants from the paint surface, I use a claybar on my vehicles once or twice a year and then apply wax, it normally takes only about 2 hours.

Be very careful using thinner on the paint, it can remove the luster.

A household cleaner called Bon Ami (with lots of fresh water) is great for removing hard water spots from glass too.

Bermuda Blue

Reaction score
Regular clay bars are kinda of hard to use, so I use ICCE Liquid Clay Bar which you can get from Wal-Mart for about $15, it works real good and should def. get those water spots off.

I just went to Wal Mart and purchased the Ice Liquid Clay Bar. One question I have is after you apply the lquid clay the directions tell you to hose it off and then wax. When I did this it left a residue from the liquid clay that even after I waxed it it was still very visable. I redid it but this time I removed the liquid clay after being applied with a towel and then waxed it and the results were outstanding.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went to Wal Mart and purchased the Ice Liquid Clay Bar. One question I have is after you apply the lquid clay the directions tell you to hose it off and then wax. When I did this it left a residue from the liquid clay that even after I waxed it it was still very visable. I redid it but this time I removed the liquid clay after being applied with a towel and then waxed it and the results were outstanding.

Yeah that happened to me too the first time, when you wash the clay bar off you have to wash it of pretty well to get it off completely or you'll get a funky looking result, but atleast yours turned out good in the end with the wax.

IronMedic

Reaction score
use white vinegar on your glass. that will get the spots off your glass pretty quick and easy. not too sure about paint.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vinegar on the glass and use newspapers to wipe it off.

Texasguy

Reaction score
Arlington, TX (Home of the Tahoe factory)
Lighter fluid removes sticky stuffy perfectly, I keep a few bottles of it around the house for removing stickers on all kinds of stuff. I usually by the Ronson stuff in the yellow bottle. I works well on the sticky left after debadging, followed by a clay bar of course.
If you have never used a clay bar, you won't believe how smooth the paint feels afterwards.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Clay works. Most polishing compounds will also. But I have yet been able to find anything to get a section of spots off mine for some reason. I've clayed, buffed, polished, and used everything I could find safe enough for clearcoats, yet the spots will NOT come off. So the next step is to hit it with some fine grit paper, buff it, and see what happens.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polish will probably take it out...PM me if you have some questions