Anyone been offroading yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesy08054

Reaction score
Just curious to see if any of you have had your Hoe off road yet....I'm assuming most people have four wheel drive for an occasional dirt road and for wet/snowy weather. But if you've done any serious stuff, would love to know how the truck handled. Post some pics if you got 'em!

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I take my 97 Hoe' muddin all the time but I'm assuming you werent intrested in my model year :D, but I too would like to here how it went if anyone took their's off road! :Chevy:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do it all the time, next time i go i will take pics with a digital camera, i usally take a throw away so if i drop it i dont loose 300 bucks, i mostly go on to beaches, DEEP SAND CANT STOP THIS THING, i do some ocasional muddin, she gets real dirty and i love the look on everybodys face while driving through town.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do take the Hoe offroad to go shooting. I have a 2007 with the Z71 package (automatic rear locking diff, upgraded shocks, skid plates, all terrain tires) and also the 4.10 diff. Nothing too crazy yet, but pretty deep mud and loose hill climbs have not stopped this tank :).

I would like a little more clearance, mud flaps (do not make specifically for Z51 yet), and more agressive tires.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i go with stock everything except mud tires, and whats great is the mud tires give great traction for almost everything, they have a huge thick tred great for mud, sand, dirt, hills with loose gravel, and on the rare ocasion here snow.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see if any of you have had your Hoe off road yet....I'm assuming most people have four wheel drive for an occasional dirt road and for wet/snowy weather. But if you've done any serious stuff, would love to know how the truck handled. Post some pics if you got 'em!

I've been off roading with my Tahoe quite a bit but I have never taken any pictures. I've mostly driven in sand. It handles very good lots of power considering the size (7000lbs+). Haven't gotten stuck yet :nono: . I'm going to ride my ATV this weekend and I'll take some pictures of the Tahoe out playing in the sand.

I'm really contemplating going to GLAMIS this Thanksgiving and seeing how it handles/holds up out there.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been off roading with my Tahoe quite a bit but I have never taken any pictures. I've mostly driven in sand. It handles very good lots of power considering the size (7000lbs+). Haven't gotten stuck yet :nono: . I'm going to ride my ATV this weekend and I'll take some pictures of the Tahoe out playing in the sand.

I'm really contemplating going to GLAMIS this Thanksgiving and seeing how it handles/holds up out there.

yup nither have i, and i have been in some DEEP, DEEP SAND, i got out just for fun and the sand sank halfway up my leg, got back in and started going again, just like pavement.

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of. I work as a Private Investigator for a nationwide firm out of Chicago, IL. My Tahoe is my office and at the beginning of the month (october) I ended up working an extremely rural file in northern Kansas, near the Nebraska border. This guy's area was nothing but dirt roads, and on day 1 me and the other investigator on site were talking about how bad this file would suck if it rained. Low and behold in the morning we woke up to rain and one of those dirt roads that we drove down to get to his house didnt like it very much.

My 01 is only 2x4 but I got out none the less. 4x4 and i would have been in heaven, but getting stuck for 2 hours on the job kind of sucks, but I had a great time getting out. Had to turn the truck around on a little wooden bridge at the end of the mud you see in the pics, so i could point back to the road, floor it and haul ass. good times.

mud1vt0.jpg

mud2xl8.jpg

mud3ff5.jpg

Jonesy08054

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping to hear!!! I had a 2001 Blazer ZR2, and that did surprisingly very well. But it was obvious how much the ZR2 package did for that truck. I wasn't sure if my Z71 package really added that much more offroading capabilities, or if is more just for show. The locking rear diff. has to help. How sturdy are the skid plates?

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Glamis is SOOOOO busy during Thanksgiving, I was going to go too, but one of my friends went last year and he said it was great for about 5 hours than it became a headache with all the people. :Chevy:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard a lot of people get killed there every year from stupid human stunts.

when you mix alcohol, atvs and high powered vehicles you are asking for trouble. No stupid human stunts here :smilielol: I've ate Sh!t too many times just riding normal on dirt bikes and atvs that I'm afraid to push any limits.

Last edited:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard a lot of people get killed there every year from stupid human stunts.

Yea, I've never been, I usually frequent Pismo because it is closer, and I have seen a lot of stupid Sh*t go down that I just shake my head at. I want to go to Glamis but it would definately be on a date that is no where near a holiday. But even still I think Pismo is a lot better than Glamis, and its about 8 hours closer!! :Chevy:

yaba94070

Reaction score
been to holister and pismo so far... didn;t do to much in pismo cause im not to fond of the sand but i defently like to get my truck muddy jsut to wash it off again...
lol heres the prity pic of my truck i'll post the dirty ones next week... (i gotta see if anyone took any)
showpic1.jpg

Last edited:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been to holister and pismo so far... didn;t do to much in pismo cause im not to fond of the sand but i defently like to get my truck muddy jsut to wash it off again...
lol heres the prity pic of my truck i'll post the dirty ones next week... (i gotta see if anyone took any)

Thats a sick Tahoe!! What size lift and tire do you have? I go to Pismo to ride my ATV's I usually don't take my Hoe' out there because it is stock and gets stuck. I went to Hollister in my friend's Jeep and it's pretty sick, but my favorite place is my local mud pit, my Hoe's stock and I love seeing the idiots faces who get stuck in their lifted Super Duties and I plow right on by them and spray em with mud!! :Chevy:

yaba94070

Reaction score
12 lift
on 38's
i love going out there.. but nothing beats the local mud hole... people call me all the time to go pull them out
rofl
gotta love it... i get a lot of looks for the truck its my baby...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
give ya 10k for it:giggling:

no its an awsome tahoe, you have got a fancy garage, looks like a show room.