anyone else with 6.2 ltz tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txshriner

Reaction score
i have had my 6.2 tahoe for a few months now and noticed right off the bat that it sure didnt feel like 380hp. but after taking it on a 10 day trip logging in a bunch of miles(this is the wifes daily driver) i noticed that when moving slow it feels like it cuts out. this is very faint and i made excuses to myself the first several times i felt it. when i had it in for the 3rd time getting the POS ltz cheap chrome plastic door handles replaced i asked about it. they have a tsb for these to clean the injectors, which they did. but mine still does not remotely feel like 380 horses unless they are miniature ponies?

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
torque management? Major issue with the 5.3's, so I'd assume the same for the 6.2's. Do a search for "torque management". If you want ot release some of the engines potential you will need to re-program your Ho's computer - either from a store bought programmer or a custom tune.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think its torque management. As The only reason our 5.3s have it is because the 4L60e tranny is so fragel, any real amount of torque could kill it.

The 6 speeds are supposed to be BULLETPROOF AS IN TOUGH!!!

Go to a dealer and take a denali out and see if you notice any more power. They have the same engine. :thumbsup:

Also are you sure you got a 6.2??? Open the hood and look for the engine ID. Does it say 6.2 or 5.3???

txshriner

Reaction score
380 shetland ponies

I dont think its torque management. As The only reason our 5.3s have it is because the 4L60e tranny is so fragel, any real amount of torque could kill it.

Go to a dealer and take a denali out and see if you notice any more power. They have the same engine. :thumbsup:

Also are you sure you got a 6.2??? Open the hood and look for the engine ID. Does it say 6.2 or 5.3???

im absolutely certain that i have the 6.2, i talked to no less than 20 dealers when i was searching for it that told me it didnt exist! the one thing that i am happy with is the sound though. with the factory exhaust it sounds better than my vette with the 6.2 in it. i only wish it had the power that it sounds like it has and demonstrated power it is advertised to have.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im absolutely certain that i have the 6.2, i talked to no less than 20 dealers when i was searching for it that told me it didnt exist! the one thing that i am happy with is the sound though. with the factory exhaust it sounds better than my vette with the 6.2 in it. i only wish it had the power that it sounds like it has and demonstrated power it is advertised to have.

The sound of the denali is incredible. one of the big reasons i wish i went for the denali.

But i also agree that the corvette is muffled too much. I only have the 6.0 and the stock exhaust was way to mellow for me, i upgraded to Gm's preformance exhaust (for 1700 LOL) but SO WORTH IT.

anyway back to the matter at hand, I really think you should test drive a denali to see if the power is any better, one to settle an argument with my self that i should have gotten the denali, and another to see if its just how gm makes them or if your tahoe really does have an issue. :thumbsup:

Norris83

Reaction score
I thought the 2009 Tahoe LTZ only had the 6.2L.. anything else before it was the 6.0 if that?

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the sound of my Denali when I fire it up, and its stck even better.

very first thing I noticed when the Dealer started it up as we where walking to it. I said.."dam, what ya'll do to that truck" :D regular yukon was out of the picture from that point. not to mention all the other features

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my '09 Denali last week. Sometimes I start it just to hear it run. Oh, and then I remember the cost of fuel! :)

oblidoblido

Reaction score
2009 ltz 6.2

Just bought a 2009 Tahoe LTZ 6.2 4wd last week. Traded in a 2005 Suburban 2500 4wd with 6.0 liter, which had K&N air intake, Flowmaster dual exhaust and Superchip Tuner. This new Tahoe hauls ass !!! Has anyone seen performance specs on 0-60 and quarter mile for the 2009 LTZ 6.2 ?? I can't find anything.

01hotrod

Reaction score
Count me in. 08 LTZ 2wd. I had some 4.10s in mine. It still feels a little sluggish. I have played with HP Tuners some and have helped it some, but there is room for improvement. Go with the Volant it adds a nice intake "suck" to complement the exhaust.

catnhat fan

Reaction score
I love the sound of mine as well! I love getting on the on ramp and flooring it! The best part is that it probably only costs me about $2.00/gal to get on the freeway at WOT!

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The new 6 speed maybe Bulletproof as in Tough but from what I have read GM still put the torque management system on it as well. Even the Corvette I have has it :mad:

GHR2

Reaction score
The torque management system probably reduces the risk of power train failure enough to allow them to offer their 100,000 mile power train warranty.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new 6 speed maybe Bulletproof as in Tough but from what I have read GM still put the torque management system on it as well. Even the Corvette I have has it :mad:

Even manuals!!! LOL.But a Black bear tune on a gm truck will fix that in a jiff. :cool:

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but if you've got throttle-by-wire like the Tahoes, then the ECM still has some control over how much power gets there and how quick. I just don't know if the new Corvettes have that feature but am betting that they probably do.