anyone fiberglass a sub in the stock spot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
hi guys im new here and i'd like to say thank you in advance, so i got a new to me 03 tahoe with 90k on it. and im in the process of doing a few mods, i already got 24's and a eclipse double din in dash nav unit, and a myron & davis flipdown w/ dvd player. now im ready for some speakers i already got a 1000 w alpine amp from my last car i plan on using. but i kinda want to keep my hoe stock looking in the interior and its tight on space with the 3rd row so i thinking about fiberglassing a sub into the stock spot? i couldnt find pics anywhere, how hard would it be any info would be great, also i have a non bose car , are the speakers powered by amps or the car stereo

TnTahoe

Reaction score
i got a box that fits 2-12" behind that 3rd row, your factory speakers are powered by an amp it should be located in the center console under the plastic trimmings

TnTahoe

Reaction score
but if you want to make your own fiberglass box that will fit in the stock location, then im sure i can lead you in the right direction to get it done

bigsexy408

Reaction score
i got a box that fits 2-12" behind that 3rd row, your factory speakers are powered by an amp it should be located in the center console under the plastic trimmings

i want to keep it as stock as possible, i carry tools too and from school/work alot thats the only reason i was thinking about adding a better sub in the stock location. i was thinking about fiberglassing a nice 10 in there i havent done to much research i just been seeing if anyone has done it before, but all help is appreciated

bigsexy408

Reaction score

i dont have center console, thats the only reason why im considering fiberglassing my own in the rear i'd buy a mtx thunderform box but i really dont like mtx

TnTahoe

Reaction score
if you get some pics of the area where you want to place the sub then maybe i can help you with constructing it

boss13

Reaction score
check this out!

Attachments

• sp3.jpg
    sp3.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 163
  • sp2.jpg
    sp2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 160

boss13

Reaction score
I found it in glassmanscustom forum a couple of years ago.I think he was also on performance trucks.com.I contacted him but he was no help. I've done one and it was a pain in the ass and I needed a lot of help.(keep in mind I'm not a fiberglass guy at all) a local shop is going to charge $550 and I'm only using one 12 to max out on air space.They use the stock panel and cut it; but, the hardest part was fabbing the back.I seen one guy use the actual car wall as the back and just sealed it real good.Never got to hear it though!

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Ok since the link I posted wouldnt work unless youre a member ther, I have to do this instead.

Take a look! I wonder how hard it would actually be to do something like this? Any ideas?

Subenclosure.jpg

FinishedSub.jpg

If I had the skills or knowledge to work with fiberglass, I'd be all over this.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
I like the last one the bestits clean can anyone here make one like that?

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Off Topic

Big Sexy is my trucks name. How dare you come to this forum and take that name, lol.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
that is very nice but it looks out of place, seems like it should be in a show truck but nonetheless it is nice, the box that i posted i did that myself

man that is a nice box , how much would you charge me to fiberglass one in the stock position like the last pic shown, so the trim can go over it?

ROBI2

Reaction score
go to crutchfield.com they have com rear panels that acommodate ur subs and ull still have plenty of room only thing i recommend is that u install dynamat and also install dynamat in the rear lift gate. hope this helps.
MTX-ThunderForms.html

bigsexy408

Reaction score
go to crutchfield.com they have com rear panels that acommodate ur subs and ull still have plenty of room only thing i recommend is that u install dynamat and also install dynamat in the rear lift gate. hope this helps.
MTX-ThunderForms.html

yea i dont want to pay for a mtx sub i'd just throw away