Anyone use HP Tuners for 03 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to pick up a 2003 Tahoe next week and was wondering if anyone here has used HP tuners to get better mileage and performance. I know HTP supports it. I've used HPT for about a year on my heavily modified 2004 GTO and got much better mileage and performance. Anyway I'm looking for any tips or tricks that may help. I plan on completely mapping the VE, and MAF tables and tweaking the timing but I haven't touched an automatic tranny with it yet so anything would be helpful.

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm so I've been playing a little bit and so far I got the mileage up from 16.4 to almost 18 but I'm not ready to say I'm done. I'll keep everyone posted.

rustic

Reaction score
Ive got an 03 with a 4.8 in it. I didnt do anything to it yet.
What do you have and what have you done to it so far?

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, how'd u enjoy the weather in cleveland. My family is from cleveland. My dad still lives out there.

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a 5.3 flexfuel engine, bone stock with just a K&N panel filter. I'm running regular gas and working with HP tuners to remap the VE tabler, MAF transfer function and timing. I'm about 1/2 done. I'll keep you up to date on the final status.

As for the weather in CLE :cryin: We just got another 4 inches of snow last night.