Are all HID kits the same?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see alot of different brands and what not on ebay, some for real cheap and some that I would never want to think of paying so much... Is there a down side to paying, say, $75 for an HID kit?

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quality of the parts, i wouldnt spend under 150 , Mike on here has had no complaints but i bought mine a month before he joined

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased some from Mike on here, excellent customer service A+..waiting for them to get here...as soon i get them in, I'll put up a thread of some pics

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....confusion and panic set in.....what to order, what to order.....I don't want to switch to Xenon because I don't want to rewire. Looks like projector is the way to go. JKMoto says chrome housing is better than black for reflectiveness and brightness. Black looks cool though on a black Tahoe. Anyone have black and are satisfied with it?

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....confusion and panic set in.....what to order, what to order.....I don't want to switch to Xenon because I don't want to rewire. Looks like projector is the way to go. JKMoto says chrome housing is better than black for reflectiveness and brightness. Black looks cool though on a black Tahoe. Anyone have black and are satisfied with it?
most crystal clears have the chrome inside where the bulb is, surrounded by black
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...ryZ33710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TeeJay

Reaction score
can someone with a black tahoe post a pic with the crystal/black headlights or tail lights?

05LS

Reaction score
Do these sets come with the relay harness? Or do they just connect directly to the factory harness?

Well I bought two sets of these 9005 & 9006, so I will write a review after I have them installed.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
can someone with a black tahoe post a pic with the crystal/black headlights or tail lights?
I couldn't find any good pics of just the housings, but here are a couple to give you an idea. These are black with just the reflective coating behind the bulb.
BlackBowtie.jpg

DSC05402.jpg

DSC05994.jpg

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive gotten 2 HID kits from ebay. No problems at all. The First one was $150 (BPi) and i bought that like 2 years ago and i bought a second set in December for $75 (Xentec). No problems with either EVER. and the $75 dollar Xentec ones look a lot better than the $150 ones ever did. No cutting, splicing or running extra wiring to the alternator or battery.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link or a ebayer seller name I could look up ?

ive gotten 2 HID kits from ebay. No problems at all. The First one was $150 (BPi) and i bought that like 2 years ago and i bought a second set in December for $75 (Xentec). No problems with either EVER. and the $75 dollar Xentec ones look a lot better than the $150 ones ever did. No cutting, splicing or running extra wiring to the alternator or battery.

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited: