(((ATTN:))) yukon needs help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2000 gmc yukon (new body style) and i have a few lights on in the dash.....1st my abs and e-brake lights are on. i think they came on because it was time to change the brake pads in the rear but after changing them the lights are still on. am i wrong or do they have to be reset? if so how to reset them?.....2nd my service engine soon light is on. i took it to an auto parts store so they could use a code reader to check it. the code reader said that there was a misfire in ignition system but i just changed the plugs and wires about 6mths ago so what else could it be? so symptoms are when cold the rms are wayyy low when idling and has been so low that it shuts off. also when cold i shift from park to drive or reverse and it hesitates causing a sudden jerk. could some of this be the cause of a faulty fuel pump?.....things ive done are flowmaster muffler, installed a fuel saver that connects to the MAF sensor, and also knocked out the waffle cone thingy that was inside the MAF sensor. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
i have a 2000 gmc yukon (new body style) and i have a few lights on in the dash.....1st my abs and e-brake lights are on. i think they came on because it was time to change the brake pads in the rear but after changing them the lights are still on. am i wrong or do they have to be reset? if so how to reset them?.....2nd my service engine soon light is on. i took it to an auto parts store so they could use a code reader to check it. the code reader said that there was a misfire in ignition system but i just changed the plugs and wires about 6mths ago so what else could it be? so symptoms are when cold the rms are wayyy low when idling and has been so low that it shuts off. also when cold i shift from park to drive or reverse and it hesitates causing a sudden jerk. could some of this be the cause of a faulty fuel pump?.....things ive done are flowmaster muffler, installed a fuel saver that connects to the MAF sensor, and also knocked out the waffle cone thingy that was inside the MAF sensor. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1st my abs and e-brake lights are on. i think they came on because it was time to change the brake pads in the rear but after changing them the lights are still on. am i wrong or do they have to be reset? if so how to reset them?....There is a problem with you A.B.S. A few chain part stores might be able to scan your A.B.S.

2nd my service engine soon light is on. i took it to an auto parts store so they could use a code reader to check it. the code reader said that there was a misfire in ignition system but i just changed the plugs and wires about 6mths ago so what else could it be? It could be a bad injector. Get the code read angain and write what code it is.

so symptoms are when cold the rms are wayyy low when idling and has been so low that it shuts off. also when cold i shift from park to drive or reverse and it hesitates causing a sudden jerk. could some of this be the cause of a faulty fuel pump?.... Yes it could also be a bad MAF or a vacuum leak around the intake.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well then could the hesitation be coming from my airbox, i do remember when i changed my filter that i lost one of the screws. i thought the three would hold to airbox top on......where can i find out what the diff codes mean. when i record the code i would like to look it up online. also if it is a bad injector should i change all of them as i would spark plugs or headlights. meaning when one goes bad they all are gettin bad?

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to change my fuel injector this coming sunday. One of my buddies who is a mechanic for the Sheriff's Dept. will be helping me. Just in case you're wondering on theprices, I got my fuel injector for $40 compared to $90 plus at the dealer and the auto parts stores. My Yukon had the SES light come on (misfire in cylinder #2) changed plugs/wires and still it runs bad. Came down to it being the injector.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update: ses light didnt come on again for me so i guess ill wait til the morn when the engine is good and cold. so for now i just replaced the missing airbox screw and added some 'Lucas Oil' injector cleaner. btw this started happening when i almost ran outta gas, could it be that it ended up sucking some dirt from the last lil bit of gas?

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Well got the new injector in and noticed a big difference. I guess you could say its running stock but compared to the way it was running, big difference. Not to hard to change out the injector. Oh yeah, check out car-stuff.com. Thats were I picked up that $40 fuel injector.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok im finally getting back with the code. it reads po300 which is random misfire right. i read that it can be a mutiple of things but i did just recently replace plugs and wires so whats next. if i were to get my injectors clean what damage am i looking to spend? what the next thing to check?