Audio Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jordankreutzer

Reaction score
So I have a Kenwood powered sub from a previous vehicle and im wondering if I would be better off installing it in the Yukon, or selling it and buying a better replacement for the factory sub, or some new speakers for the door? The Kenwood has marginal bass at best. What would be my best bet? Thanks for the advice, in advance.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would suggest getting a descent 8in sub to put instead of the factory sub and put a differnet amp to it cus the factory amp isnt worth a darn, you can also get some new door speakers for a descent price, do you have a aftermarket radio????

Keymaster

Reaction score
It comes down to personal preference. I know an 8 inch sub isn't gonna cut it for me. If I'm gonna go to the trouble of running another amp to power the factory subwoofer, you might as well make (or buy) a box for the sub you already have. I make all my sub boxes for every vehicle I buy. Get you some 5/8 inch MDF from Home Depot and make one to fit in the back. Now, if you don't want to lose any space in the back, you may want to consider replacing the stock 8 inch sub in the rear panel.

Good luck