barn doors locked.. permanently ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gun50

Reaction score
well I screwed up ..2000 tahoe limited replaced a broken passenger side barn door handle
decided to replace a barn doon handle today. doors still opened and worked just handle was loose had a broken hold down screw.
in the process the latch clasp snapped down into the locked position. Couldn't get it to release. finally used a small screw driver to release the top catch and got it into the open position.. shut the door
Locked solid.. interior panel was off so I climbed inside tryed every handle and rod.. acturators work
but the actual door latch ( not the handle) doesn't function..
pull the hinges ? I'll will still have two doors locked together.. oh frack

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are 2 linkages you have to pull at the same time to release the latches.

nathanhanover

Reaction score
This happened to me.. Just keep pulling and pushing on linkage till it unlocks. It sounds like the lock link/s popped off. That just happened to my driver side door. like a 4 hr pain to get it apart,, I had to find the lock link inside the door, I then cut away some of the inner driver side door to fit my hand in there and slid it back on, then put the rod back and shoved the lock in place.
Doors are always a major pain.!!! Oh did you give the two doors a firm shove from outside to set the locks. some times they hang up half way.