Best Brand of Wire for your buck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who? u mean the company? its small. AA Audio. we're not "official" but that just means we get things cheaper from the wholesaler and can pass that on to our "friends".

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 1/0 kicker kit, easiest run of that gauge wire I've EVER ran...hyperflex is so much easier to route
IMG00762.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
yea the kicker wire is awesome!!!! and that price is really good!! you cant get a 4 awg kicker kit for that....

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HOpe thats the one I ordered....Geez, the first system I ever wired, I got 4g wire from Home depot. That wire wouldn't move for sh*T. Gotta love technology!

bangin caddy

Reaction score
Your best bang for your buck is gonna be the

Kolossus Fleks Kable
by knuKonceptz.
http://knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Kolossus Fleks Kable
that is 1/0gauge wire, but they make other sizes.

The 2 leading companies that come to mind besides Knukonceptz is Rockford Fosgate, and Kicker, they bother carry the highest amperage wire, with the highest strand count (induvisual pieces of wire inside the main cable), but the knuconceptz has them both beat by price and strand count.

Polecat, Are you the same guy from SMD forums, and Kicker audio??!?!??
If you is, your one smart man, mang!!! :)

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Gonna install it all today.

Jiust want to double check... I'm going to hook up power from the Batter to the Power Cap and then the Disto block? Does the power cap need to be grounded? On my Old system it was.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** very much danger......on the cap there should be 2 terminals....+ and a - .....first thing is to undo the power supply the cap goins inline on the (+) side of the power supply and also hook the (-) to the ground inlined with the amp......do NOT EVER EVER EVER TOUCH OR ARC ACROSS THE CAPS TERMINALS....THIS CAN BURN UP THE CARS ELECTICAL SYSTEM AND OR KILL YOU BY STOPPING YOUR HEART.......SO HOOK THE CAP IN BEFORE YOU HOOK UP THE (+) POWER TO THE SYSTEM

I foud this searching online via Wikianswers. I'm a lil confused!
I thinking that I run Power Cap before Disto Block and then hook up ground from 1 amp to the Capand then from the same terminal run a ground to rear seat bracket?

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** very much danger......on the cap there should be 2 terminals....+ and a - .....first thing is to undo the power supply the cap goins inline on the (+) side of the power supply and also hook the (-) to the ground inlined with the amp......do NOT EVER EVER EVER TOUCH OR ARC ACROSS THE CAPS TERMINALS....THIS CAN BURN UP THE CARS ELECTICAL SYSTEM AND OR KILL YOU BY STOPPING YOUR HEART.......SO HOOK THE CAP IN BEFORE YOU HOOK UP THE (+) POWER TO THE SYSTEM

I foud this searching online via Wikianswers. I'm a lil confused!
I thinking that I run Power Cap before Disto Block and then hook up ground from 1 amp to the Capand then from the same terminal run a ground to rear seat bracket?

heres how mines set up..

power wire to the distribution block, then i only used the cap for the bass amp, and had the 4 channel straight off the battery.

the cap is very simple, you ground the negative, and the power goes through the positive. so off the positive you'll have a wire to the batt (or distribution block in this case) and another wire from positive to the amp.

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
i would not use a distro block when i use a cap... i run pos from batt to cap then from cap to amps(bass,mids/highs).. then ground the cap... i use sep grounds for the amps....

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would not use a distro block when i use a cap... i run pos from batt to cap then from cap to amps(bass,mids/highs).. then ground the cap... i use sep grounds for the amps....

Interesting...Why would not use a Disto Block? makes Installtion Easy...
Does that I mean I would have "splice" <can't think of the word but But put two wires in the "same screw thing in the Cap"?

Why do you ground the amp separately?

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
if you have 2 amps... then you would have 3 rings terminals on the + side of the cap(one from batt,2 to amps).. i like to make my grounds as short as possible so i ground them sep.