Best Brand of Wire for your buck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to hook up my system using 4ga wire. "Power Accoustic Brand"

I know my amps are being choked. I went to home Depot and 0ga wire is just way to damm thick and tough for my liking.

I refuse to go to my local audioshop b/c thier rip offs. Last year wanted to charge me $325 to do a clean sweep on my 99 Cherokee Limited. Thats what got me to do my own!

Back on topic...

I was Fleabay (Ebay), looking at 0 ga wire. Am I better off buying a 0ga Amp Kit or piecing it myself. I'm going to need extra feet in wire b/c I am also running a 6.0 Farad cap and in the summer I will hook up my four channel amp.

Brand Matter? Say Stinger vs. Power Accoustic? I would hate to buy an amp kit and be short on wire. Amp kit is nice in a siense no hunting around for pieces like ring terminals.

Also wire left over from this, can used for the BIG 3?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Brand DOES matter. Cheaper wire won't be true gauge. Cheap 4ga for example, may look like 4 ga, but only because the insulation is thicker. If you compare cheap wire to a good name brand awg wire, you'll notice that the outside diameter may be close to the same size, but the actual conductor will be different. This is one of those cases where you get what you pay for. Do you know the total peak current your amps are drawing and the length of cable run you need? That will determine what gauge wire you should go with.

Last edited:

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using all Monster Cable since I got everything I needed in a package deal and I love it. Also, you can look knukonceptz wiring on ebay, they sell pretty good stuff for a fair price.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as JK stated, you get what you pay for. HOWEVER, i have found off brands that are true gauge. i cant think of the name right now, it was some chinese crap, but it was true gauge wire. give me some time, it'll come to me.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a power distrubutio block?

Right now I'm I got 2-12' JL W3's but I'm upgrading to 2 15' Kicker Solo X's roud Summer time.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a distribution block splits the power from 1 cable into 2 or more. basically, you would run 0 gauge to the distribution block, and 4 gauge from the distribution block to the 2 separate amps.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can if you want, im just saying, thats why they give you 2 sections of 5 ft 4 gauge. what amp are you going to use when you get the solo-x's? you'd be looking at at least 6000 watts rms i would assume. at that point you would probably want to run 0/1 gauge all the way to the amp and run 4 gauge to the mids and highs amp, as it wouldnt need the 0/1 gauge. i've always wanted to do solo-x's, but the price factor kills me. i've had pioneers forever, so i think i'll just end up goin with the high end premiers... even the ones that are 1000 rms are only like 90 bucks a piece...

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting two of them for $400 from an extremely good buddy of mine :)

Read and weep later on Polecat.

Back on topic...when I get the Solo X's hopefully he will be upgrading his amps too! Got a sick sick deal on new set-up. He got some big ass monoblock amps. If not go over get em. That will be another post.

For mids n high...basically the interior speakers I'm running a 4-Channel Amp. But really gonna double up on one of the wires b/c we have six speakers in our Hoes. Using a Monoblock to power the subs.

Basically I want to do it right...and once only. The oly thing I want to add on when the X's come is an Isolator and another battery.

Last edited:

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh I know, sorry, wasn't poking at you...sorry if it came off that way :D

none taken. my names on the company cuz i know *most* of my stuff when it comes to car audio. if someone can prove something to me i typically take the knowledge with gratitude. but the solo x 15 thing i did already know. lol

omar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BooHoo sorry. I'll take that one back. Just remember to catch a post round summer. Once I sell the GS-T a quarter of the money is going to the Hoe rest to my newly founded college debt.

If thats the right kit consider it ordered. THANKS!