Black Bear Custom tune (got mine)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have trouble with thier relearn process? I went through mine twice, and im on the third try. I pulled the air ride fuse so the pump isnt going and i have the e brake on so the lights arent on. all my other stuff is off and it hasnt worked. the first time around the security light turns off then i go for the second round and the light doesnt even come on. Any advice would be great, thanks!

I got in my security relearn on the second try and the crank relearn took no more than a couple of minutes. Like Jenna Bear said, you have to do exactly as the instructions say.. I hope you got it going by now..

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help! I finally got it done last night. I was in a hurry the first time and probably did something wrong, too excited i guess:shy:! but i got it workin and went on a drvie last night. The shifts are so much smoother and I can pass alot easier. I got the tow/haul performance option too and that thing is crazy!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to know what one of these tunes could do to a denali with the 6.2 liter. THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN INSANE!!!!

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Justin loves tuning the 6.2Ls. He says there is a lot to be had on that table, he frequently sees a half second drop in the 1/4mile.

animalbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for mine I get it done on nov 8th up in minn so Justin will be doing mine in person. The only thing i'm not looking foward to is the 8 1/2 drive there but from the sounds of it will be all worth it!
Damn it!!! everyone is going either friday or saturday! I was hoping I would get to meet some new peeps from the forums.I'm the only one going on sunday that I know of. I live in the twin cities so its only an hour drive for me:crazy:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would love to tune my girlfriends 6.2.... however i wont be doing anything like that till i get my hoe tuned... Im with Renegade though, i want to get some more engine mods done before i tune. I dont want to tune my truck, than add some mods which seems like the tune will no longer be custom to my truck...

Boost, forgive me for sounding ignant, but what exactly is a corvet servo, this is the third or fourth time i have heard about it and i have no problem diving into my motor to do mods, it gives me sh*t to do. I for one DO want the kid-hauler hot-rod. The Daddy Rig needs to scream around town

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 'Vette servo, I had to have my tranny rebuilt so I had my mechanic throw one in while he was at it. Cheap mod. I can definitely notice a firmer 1-2 shift. I also had a mild shift kit put in so it could be the shift kit but I don't notice the other shifts as much so I really think it's more due to the servo. I didn't follow Boost's thread all the way through but if it doesn't have install insructions I've seen some pretty good step by step instructions. I'm sure they're even in a thread in here somewhere. Just do a search and see what you come up with. I'm pretty sure I've even posted a link to some instructions, maybe search by my username and see what you can find.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn , you guys got me wanting to do it! Cant right now as my son was born 3 months premature and now my wife is on disability. So not the best time for me to be doing any mods to the yukon. Will get it done maybe next year

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THATS IT!!! I cant stand it anymore, im calling and putting my self on the waiting list tommarrow for the cord tune!!! :D

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better not take away all of the torque management on rollin's truck jenna, he could potentially harm hundreds of people. you should set the speed limiter at 90 it would be a great gesture of safety toward the people of va and surrounding areas.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know this is still off topic... sorry for the thread hijack here people but; i read that entire post on GMFullsize.com regarding the corvette servo and i have a really good understanding about it and seems like a fun job and wont cost much money at all... i was wondering though

If Im going to be in there anyways, what would it take to firm up 2-3 & 3-4? Seems like if i am already going to be in the tranny.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better not take away all of the torque management on rollin's truck jenna, he could potentially harm hundreds of people. you should set the speed limiter at 90 it would be a great gesture of safety toward the people of va and surrounding areas.

:smilielol: :clapping: :giggling: :jester: BBBBUUUUUUUUUAHAHHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAA
:beerchug:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is much more difficult to do the others, that and the trans on these trucks isn't very strong in the first place so you can either spend $30 on a servo or $2k on a built flt trans. I have a sweet ass warranty so I think the servo will be fine for now.