Black rims on a white Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a white yukon around here with the front bumper and grille painted black... and the back bumper is painted black also... black rims... looks sexy as shiiiiiiiiiiiiii

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go

Attachments

• lowered tahoe with american racing12.jpg
    lowered tahoe with american racing12.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 35

BimmerDawg

Reaction score
Do it. Here's mine. Color matched Summit White lip stripe:

DSC01470.jpg

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks 992door. One of these days mine's going to look like that. According to kbb it's now worth only $12k so now I'm going to drive it until the day it dies I'm sure. I might as well throw some money in it and have a little fun.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would look sweet. If you're worried about too much black, there are lots o' rims out there with more polished surfaces on them that still have a lot of black as well, not just totally black. Your call, I think either way would look good but personally I like just a little more contrast in the wheel.

Attachments

• 332_b_cinserts.jpg
    332_b_cinserts.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 2140%20black%20facet.jpg
    2140%20black%20facet.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2
  • black ice.jpg
    black ice.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DJ.jpg
    DJ.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 2
  • m324.jpg
    m324.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 2

the_chosen1

Reaction score
MadMedwyn,

I believe what you are basically trying to do, i have either already done it to my 2001 Tahoe or am in the process of doing to it now. Here is the thread with the most recent pics. I had to change my user name on this because I forgot my password to SapperRyash. http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=9397
I have 24in DIP Phoenix's polish lips with 35 series tires on them. Took the side molding off, debadged, painted the bowtie and tow hooks to match the color of the paint. As far as the tinted windows go, you really should look into just tinting the front two to match the back, stock privacy glass, i did and love it. Also, look into getting some custom exhaust and intake. I went with a custom bent dual exit(mimicing the stock single out look, it is just on both sides now). I recommend the AEM Brute Force Intake kit, love the sound with the exhaust and it looks cool, fuel economy is always a plus even with gas looming around the $2 mark. I love my tahoe and now with the gas prices back down, my wife is getting all the chrome and black(beside rims) painted white to include the step sides and tail gate step(the surface will remain black to make it easier to clean), since Im out training up with Navy Seal Team 10 all over the country prepping for yet another deployment to Iraq. Hope this helps you with your decisions. If you want to see me go basically step by step on all the projects, do a search on user name SapperRyash, I created threads with all the stuff I did. I love the look with black rims on the white. It stands out and IMO is much better than chrome.

Ryan

Last edited:

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
MadMedwyn,

I believe what you are basically trying to do, i have either already done it to my 2001 Tahoe or am in the process of doing to it now. Here is the thread with the most recent pics. I had to change my user name on this because I forgot my password to SapperRyash. http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=9397
I have 24in DIP Phoenix's polish lips with 35 series tires on them. Took the side molding off, debadged, painted the bowtie and tow hooks to match the color of the paint. As far as the tinted windows go, you really should look into just tinting the front two to match the back, stock privacy glass, i did and love it. Also, look into getting some custom exhaust and intake. I went with a custom bent dual exit(mimicing the stock single out look, it is just on both sides now). I recommend the AEM Brute Force Intake kit, love the sound with the exhaust and it looks cool, fuel economy is always a plus even with gas looming around the $2 mark. I love my tahoe and now with the gas prices back down, my wife is getting all the chrome and black(beside rims) painted white to include the step sides and tail gate step(the surface will remain black to make it easier to clean), since Im out training up with Navy Seal Team 10 all over the country prepping for yet another deployment to Iraq. Hope this helps you with your decisions. If you want to see me go basically step by step on all the projects, do a search on user name SapperRyash, I created threads with all the stuff I did. I love the look with black rims on the white. It stands out and IMO is much better than chrome.

Ryan

Truck looks really nice! :thumbsup:

I wanna get some clear lights like that too for the turns, ETC...

Anyone have tips on where I can go for a CHEAP price :D