Bloody Hands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I still have to clean up the wiring and buy another amp. Finally installed my kicker components, ran 1/0 power, wired alpine cda-9886, added kx350.2 for highs, ran rca's and secured remote bass controls. One slow step at a time I guess.

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good so far, I plan on using a Kicker amp and a L7 when I do my audio swap!

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking real Great Boost! That Pic of the components look real clean in the door I like that! Great job!

oneclu

Reaction score
hmm.. where on the vehicle did you place those kickers?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they're on the back of the box until I build a rack under the seats. I'm building a new box sometime but this one will do for now, thinking of builiding it to match the height of the rear seats and wedged to match the contour of the back seats and everything in the interior will be covered in black alcantara at some point (could care less about the mis-matched carpet).

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they're on the back of the box until I build a rack under the seats. I'm building a new box sometime but this one will do for now, thinking of builiding it to match the height of the rear seats and wedged to match the contour of the back seats and everything in the interior will be covered in black alcantara at some point (could care less about the mis-matched carpet).

I'm actually on build 2. Just cleaning everything up, doing finish touches, and changing some components.

I'd like to see what you come with.

RIDE N FLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Boost are you still able to use your steering wheel controls with the Alpine. If so what adapter did you use to connect it.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't wire the steering controls, might do it later but I'm fine with it for now. I really like the blackout function of this deck, it kills power to the display after 5 seconds so I don't have this bright ass display on all the time at night.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the highs are a bit brighter than I had hoped and I don't have enough adjustment in the deck so I have to buy the optional Imprint processor which should resolve any issues. I'm really picky about stereo crap so this is really a minor concern and the truck still sounds 100x better I just know it has more sq. I finally turned the sub up and I think this will keep me happy for a bit, 1000.1 on a single 12 is plenty of bass for now.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im actually quite surprised on how kicker speaker performed. i never thought they would be that great, but i bought a set for my 95 and put them in using just the factory wiring. it sounds actaully really nice with the tweeter in it and everything.. where do you buy your audio stuff from? ive heard of a couple good website sites, but still havnt found a website with cheap prices.. (ikesound?, crutchfield, woofersetc??) idk.. thanks

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woofers etc is a good place, I know a dealer back east and get a deal through them for the kicker stuff but there are lots of good places to buy online. Ebay has some deals too I've even found some crazy deals off craigslist locally.