bluetooth on 09's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
ive been seeing alot of gm cars and trucks now coming out with bluetooth as an option to use your own phone instead of onstar/verizon. i wonder if theyre going to make a kit to go on our 08's and 07's???

Sinjin

Reaction score
I wonder the same thing.

Let's see if we can get some traction on this. I wonder if anyone with GM contacts views this site. Here are two things I'd like to see.

1. Bluetooth from GM that can be integrated in to the factory radio/NAV systems for the Tahoe.

2. An iPod adaptor that does the same. I've seen that GM has a devices called the P.A.L. the has been release for some Chevy and Saturn vehicles. When will this be available for the Tahoe.

Bottom line is I'm not looking for after market solutions. I want to see GM come up with something that we can get from them that would integrate with the factory radio and give us the same functionality as say, the Pioneer Z3 or Kenwood DNX8120. Both of these after market units do iPod and Bluetooth very well. I want to see this same capability in the factory NAV unit.

Thank you for listening. :)

volzalum

Reaction score
If you goggle PXAMGBT you can find a site that has a video of the upcoming Peripheral BT module.

It appears that it is an add on the the company's IPOD and HD adapter which also looks interesting.

There is also a video of the Ipod/hd use in an 2008.

Looks like all factory features Onstar/camera/rear dvd/xm/etc are retained with steering wheel controls. If they get it released it may be our best option.

volzalum

Reaction score
As an interim fix I put in the scosche blue fusion.

I put the microphone up in the grill opposite the onstar microphone. Had to cut the grooves in the grill to match the onstar cutouts. Everyone says they can hear me fine when paired with my iPhone 3G. The latest BF did away with address book sychronization, so you have choice of last 5 missed calls, incoming calls, or placed calls with the menu, or just dial with the handset. If the phone number calling in is in your address book it will display the name on the nav screen.

It auto mutes the radio and can be answered with the steering wheel controls. It does change the volume setting on the radio after a call ends, so you have to readjust. It is expensive ~340 with xm harness, btu does look factory.

Sinjin

Reaction score
The scosche is pretty expensive. I think if I'm going to spend that kind of money. I want it to work with everything, like my iPod. I've seen some threads that talk about the scosche not working with any iPod interfaces.

Thanks for the info though.

volzalum

Reaction score
I don't have an ipod interface, but the schosche does work with the lock pick ipod interfaces. Several have had success daisy chaining them and making them work, they do not work with the schosche ipod interface though.

Agree it is expensive, but I figured it is worth it since it is plug and play and nothing has to be modified until someone comes up with a better solution. IMO it beats a BT earpiece ... I will definately be trading for a better solution if/when one arrives

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know what brand/unit GM installed in the 2009's ???