Brake noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When ever I go reverse my rear brakes sound like an old squeaky bed, I thought it was my shocks before but I dont think so any more. Does any one know what it is.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you checked the sway bar end link bushings? if it is the brakes, its an easy and cheap fix..

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those do look pretty sweet for the front - however you know you can get rotors at auto-zone slotted (not drilled) and they have a lifetime warranty on them i do belive.. - but they may be way more expensive - for the drums, i wouldn't replace them unless they are broke.. - if they have grooves on the inside of them, id take them to a brake shop and have them turned (usually like 10-15 bux..)

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my front brakes are done so ill be getting those in the next week the tahoe hops up and down when braking. As for the rear sway bar bushing how do I know when they are messed up?

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they don't look like they are cracked to death.. than they should be fine.. i mean.. that may not even be the noise problem your having..

one quick way to find out for sure if it is the brakes.. would be getting the rear up safely (tires off of ground) one person in vehicle put it in drive.. don't press gas tires will move on their own.. than press brake pedal slooowwwwly -- and you will find out if that is your noise--may need another person outside near the rear wheels to see if there is any noise

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks GMCYukalade for all the help ill have to check it out tomorow I think it might be the sway bar bushing because it only happens when I go in reverse.

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think its the bushings after listening more I here it squeaks from 0-20 and the faster I go the faster the sound gets, Maybe its somthing in my brake drum does any one know?