Breather!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chubby

Reaction score
I want to installa breather on the valve cover and cap off where the intake connects to the valve on the driver side. My quest is will it harm my engine or make it where the intake doesn't suck in hot air? any input is most appreciated

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your PCV system wont be dragging in air from the breather assembly, but I dont know why it would hurt as long as the PCV system is maintained, you may notice a bit more of a rough running issue.....

clkelley

Reaction score
IT would actually be better for the engine itself just because you would not be recirculating oil residue through the throttle body. The one drawback I can think of is for the filter to not stop the oil residue from winding up on the valve cover, but that is just a possibility.

98chubby

Reaction score
But does it suck heat into the throttle? Also will t make the truck run bad? Thanks guys

clkelley

Reaction score
No, the breather on the valve cover will not suck air at all. But, yes, where the normal PCV hose would go into the intake tube, you would need to plug it. The easiest way to do that is to go to Lowe's hardware or other hardware store and find a "bar stool" type of leg boot, shoe or whatever you want to call it. They are the little rubber pieces for the bottom of the legs to keep them from sliding around and scaring the floor. Put one of those on it with a band clamp and you should be good to go. That also should not effect the idle, essentially all you are doing with that mod is stopping the oil crank case pressure from being routed through the intake, this is actually good for the life of the vehicle as well as keeping the throttle body cleaner.