Brighter Interior Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their interior dome lights yet? I wouldn't mind having it brighter inside. The only kit I could find is the Putco LED Dome Light Kit but heck have you seen the price of those :eek2:? The cheapest is around $230.

Anyone have any other suggestions than the Putco?

Attachments

• putcoleddomelightkit.jpg
    putcoleddomelightkit.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 15
  • putcodomelightbeforeafter.jpg
    putcodomelightbeforeafter.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 11

wmgood64

Reaction score
replaced mine bought them from autoanything when they were 30% off makes a big difference1

wmgood64

Reaction score
putco kit Not sure about the leds bulbs might work ok around 19.99 a pair for some and 19.99 a piece for the brighter ones.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on here briefly mentioned using regular LED bulbs but it just didnt cut it.

I'm kinda wishing that someone will have a going out of business sell and sell that kit for around $100.:rom2:

Even the people on ebay are selling it at full price. And the guy wonders why he still has over 50 kits in stock!:eek:

catnhat fan

Reaction score
I installed an aftermarket 10" dvd player with 4 headsets. Now I can drive with the led light that is incorporated on in the dvd at night without any vision issues. the kids can see what they want to see and I can still safely see the road at night. It is also brighter than the standard lights when the doors are opened etc..

It appears as though the old light pops out and the new dvd is installed with the led's incorporated in the unit.

I can send you the info if you want.

In addition, the wifey and I do not have to listen to whatever movie is playing can and still listen to the radio/XM/CD............

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on here briefly mentioned using regular LED bulbs but it just didnt cut it.

I'm kinda wishing that someone will have a going out of business sell and sell that kit for around $100.:rom2:

Even the people on ebay are selling it at full price. And the guy wonders why he still has over 50 kits in stock!:eek:

you're hoping that someone would go out of business so you could save $100?

****ing moron

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decaf Joey, decaf. :gy:

Check out roundeyes.com. There is a kit on there (labeled for a CJ) that is universal. It's $35. I agree that Putco can keep their $250 kit. I don't need to see that bad in my car at night. $250 is only $100 or so away from my suspension drop.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're hoping that someone would go out of business so you could save $100?

****ing moron

Name calling and actually posted it, well jacka$$ let me rephrase it.

I hope someone has a recession sell and lower's the prices. Better?

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decaf Joey, decaf. :gy:

Check out roundeyes.com. There is a kit on there (labeled for a CJ) that is universal. It's $35. I agree that Putco can keep their $250 kit. I don't need to see that bad in my car at night. $250 is only $100 or so away from my suspension drop.

Have you personally used it yet?

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their interior dome lights yet? I wouldn't mind having it brighter inside. The only kit I could find is the Putco LED Dome Light Kit but heck have you seen the price of those :eek2:? The cheapest is around $230.

Anyone have any other suggestions than the Putco?

I purchased the LED bulbs for my car and it costed me about $75. I installed them and they were junk. After a while they start flickering (like crazy) and some just go out. I bought the Putco LED's and saw a BIG difference. I think the Putco's are a good kit if you want to light up your interior.

Check out this thread for comparison and pics
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=10281
Sorry for the bad quality....iPhone

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say that I have because they are still in the mail. I'm willing to loose $35 to try. :)

Well let us know how it turns out and take pics.

I like so many will have to make a special fund for Putco Lights.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure! It's hard (for me anyway) to dedicate $250 to light bulbs. Besides, I want to do something like the ambient lighting found in many cars today where a single led lights a specific part of the vehicle. My wife's lexus uses blue ambient on the floorboards, shifter, and drink holder. Sexy!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition, the wifey and I do not have to listen to whatever movie is playing can and still listen to the radio/XM/CD............

I have the factory RSE and can listen to AM/FM/CD/XM when a movie is playing. You couldn't?