Broken '07 LTZ Driver Mirror (see pic) - DIY Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neweagle

Reaction score
Hello! Please take a look at the attach pic. My driver side mirror was broken while backing into the garage. It's a power folding mirror with turn signal. The folding mechanism works fine, so I'm hoping I can just replace the glass. Anyone have any tips on replacement parts, and how to replace? I'd love to DIY this if possible. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Attachments

• IMG00142.jpg
    IMG00142.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 20

GoldmistXL

Reaction score
My drivers side mirror broke too but not just the glass. The tabs on the back of the glass broke too so it can't stay mounted on the mirror housing. The housing is OK and so is the motor that controls the mirror. What is the cheapest place to buy a new mirror with backing?

CodeB4U

Reaction score
To pop off the mirror, first push the mirror on the top to make it move where the top part is farther in, and the bottom is sticking out. Get a flat bladed tool and stick it in the bottom and pry up and the mirror, it will slide up and off. I've done several...it always seem like they are going to break but they dont....but since yours is already broke you dont have to worry about that. Make sure to disconnect the wires in the back of the mirror.

cadillac

Reaction score
2008 mirror replacements

where did you find replacements? both mine were stolen last night.. they , the thiefs got 6 or 7 sets last night.