DL8 Mirror Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckshot1822

Reaction score
DL8 Mirror Questions- Maybe DL3???

Hi, I'm new here, but I need a few answers, and figured this would be the best place to find them out....

I am in the process of replacing the drivers mirror on my wife's 06' Z71 Tahoe. The mount that is actually attached to the car is still good, and it contains a puddle lamp. The actual mirror housing, and the glass are what is broken.

I bought a donor mirror, that is heated, auto dim, and has the signal in it, but it has no puddle lamp.

Is there any way, that you can separate the base that mounts to the car, from the actual head of the mirror? If I could do this, it would save me all of the trouble of taking the door panel off, and I would have the puddle lamp also, at that point it should be plug and play with the existing wiring.

But, I cannot seem to figure out how to separate the two pieces???? Please let me know if it is possible or not. Thanks

I actually think they are called DL3 mirrors since they do power fold, and have curb assist, but the same question still applies, how can I remove the bezel from the mount?

Last edited:

buckshot1822

Reaction score
Just figured I would update you all, and let you know I got it figured out........once you pop the glass out.....there are 2 T-20 Torx screws that hold the aluminum glass mount to the actual mirror base........once you remove these screws, you cant remove the bezel, and unscrew the actuator off of the aluminum bracket, and unclip the wires from the actuator, you can slip the bracket off of the base........

So, I got the head off of the donor mirrors, and mounted it on the base with the puddle lamp without having to do any wiring at all, it worked just as I had hoped....