Buckets or Bench, can't decide.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akim47

Reaction score
Geezzz... stuck in the middle here. :lol: All my SUV's have had 2nd row bench... but the other day I tried out a new Tahoe with the buckets and it felt so much more roomy. Then again, I like to carry stuff in the rear cargo area, and would pull the thrid row seat, thus exposing all my stuff. My fishing rods would fit well between the buckets. Then again on a long trip we sometimes climb into the second row for a nap.

I have not a clue which way to go... maybe a flip of the coin?

Is there a preferred order pattern to this choice? :confused:

i think it depends on what ur going to use the truck for, and what use you are trying to fill. i don't have any kids yet, and usually take 4 people including self to the mountains/lake or to a football game. so the rear captains are AWESOME. The space in between the seats is perfect for the small cooler. for driving more than 4 people, it depends if u have other gear (fishing, etc). The third row doesn't fit adults very well. so for more than 4 people, i'd rather have a 2nd row bench and no 3rd row rather than 2 captains and 3rd row. also, if u have people in the 3rd row, u have almost NO cargo room in the back. the only solution there would be to go with the Yukon XL or 'burban...

in the end im glad i have the captains. if an extra friend wants to come along, he can drive himself...

jmbaker3

Reaction score
in the end im glad i have the captains. if an extra friend wants to come along, he can drive himself...[/QUOTE]

lmao:smilielol:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you've gone too far. I just don't allow intimacy between passengers. :hit: :stp: :mar: :hug: :tsr: :sexe: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :jump:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you've gone too far. I just don't allow intimacy between passengers. :hit: :stp: :mar: :hug: :tsr: :sexe: :smilielol: :smilielol: :jump:

YOUR NO FUN!!!! :lol:

i think if you want itimicy you should just remove the third row and fold the second row.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suddenly I am aware of why a friend calls my Tahoe "the big shaggin wagon"

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suddenly I am aware of why a friend calls my Tahoe "the big shaggin wagon"

just doing some thinking a tahoe can help you at all stages of life.

if you start young like i did, it gets you to college, work, home, and is a portable office and restraunt. also is my personal contractor suplier.

it seats enough people for a small wedding, you can get your first, second and third born. with conciving and delivery, when you get evicted out of your first house it can be a place to live. when your ready to retire (a chevy is never ready to retire) but it can take you to the dream condo on the ocean and then pass it down to your first born for him to start his stages of tahoe life. :rolleyes:

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose this is true. Or in Texas it has another VERY important purpose....portable wardrobe. Our weather changes every 5 minutes, and you had better believe I am armed for any changes that may occur. And as for bench vs. bucket, I dont like buckets, it just makes for wasted space in my opinion. And on the < 06 models, it makes for a NOT flat load floor when the seats are folded down. Of course us GMT 900 people dont have a flat load floor anymore....which pisses me off..

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose this is true. Or in Texas it has another VERY important purpose....portable wardrobe. Our weather changes every 5 minutes, and you had better believe I am armed for any changes that may occur. And as for bench vs. bucket, I dont like buckets, it just makes for wasted space in my opinion. And on the < 06 models, it makes for a NOT flat load floor when the seats are folded down. Of course us GMT 900 people dont have a flat load floor anymore....which pisses me off..

i like the space, fits a cooler when seats are up, and when the seats are down so i can put fishing rods, boat gear, my trolling motor and the space in the middle fits my takle boxes perfectly.

and when im doing a remodel it fits my tool boxes. i dont usually like to put stuff in the back as i like to keep my interior clean.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you've gone too far. I just don't allow intimacy between passengers. :hit: :stp: :mar: :hug: :tsr: :sexe: :smilielol: :smilielol: :jump:

So let me put it into terms you're more likely be able to relate to: second row bucket seating better allows adults sitting in that row to ability to backhand misbehaving children in the third row!:lol:

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is for bench seat if you don't use third row. Captain chairs if you do.
Take all the seats out but the drivers if single and ugly.:D

As far as looking or being cool. Doesn't matter which set you choose 'cuz we drive Tahoes. I think their a chic vehicle. A modern version of the station wagon. Soccer mom conveyance. Oh God what have I become! :nail:

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see many chics driving around with 22" and 24" wheels on their cars...they spend too much money on make up and purses...hehehehe..

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So let me put it into terms you're more likely be able to relate to: second row bucket seating better allows adults sitting in that row to ability to backhand misbehaving children in the third row!:lol:

That is a very good Point!!! I agree with you there.:thumbsup:

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got buckets in both of my Tahoes and I would never go back to a bench. It may be a different story if I was always hauling around a bunch of kids or cargo, but I am usually the only one in the car and I really prefer the look of the buckets over the bench. I usually have the third row in the back, but folded down and flipped up to give me some extra cargo room, but when I do need to take clients or friends or the family out for lunch or dinner, I just push two levers and have 6 seats for passengers, which is plenty for us.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am resurrecting this thread, because it is interesting and because I wanted to chime in on my logic in the debate. Thought you might find it interesting that, after going back and forth on it, I ordered it with buckets, despite the fact that I have 2 carseats back there sometimes. Here's why:
Using the third row seat, I can put the older kids seat there if she wants it there, or not. But then my girlfriend can go from 1 row to the other while I'm driving, to attend to the kids no matter where they are. In fact, she's so small she can even get there from the front seat. So I thought it would be better than isolating the 3rd row from us, and easier than jumping over the 2nd row bench. So I gave up a seat but it would be rarely needed. Even thought about putting a portable, low jump seat between them. I have had someone sit on a pillow on the floor on a short, slow trip once. So that's my 2 cents, we got buckets to make it easier to jump the rows.