Swapping bench for buckets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flwildcat

Reaction score
I am comtemplating the purchase of an '07 Tahoe but one thing I'm not crazy about is that it has a 2nd row bench. I was wondering if it's very difficult to swap out the bench for buckets and if any of you have done it, what does it involve? This is an LTZ model so the 2nd row is heated, too, if that makes a difference.

Also, will the push-button flip and fold work regardless of whether or not it's the bench or buckets (I assume it will).

Finally, if any of you have black leather buckets and would be interested in trading for a bench, let me know.

Thanks!

FLWildcat
Orlando, FL

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I had same dilemma. Wanted the buckets for second row. However, for those that turn vehicles over every 3-5 years, the demand for the bench is greater, therefore helping you resell the truck quicker.
But to get back on track, I'm not sure the buckets will go in if the bench was there originally. Some research may be needed for this one.

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
buckets are great...

first thing i have to say is this............

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....!!

going on 18 hrs from my first purchase of a new 07 TAHOE... :)

im looking out my window now and still shocked shes in my driveway.. traded in my 07 subaru 07 sti limited and not looking back!

sorry for gettting off the topic

looks like to me the buckets have a entire different platform than the bench.. thats some serious modifications... i looked at the buckets and the bench.,. stuck with the bench b/c of my dogs so i can put the bench up and have room for them in the back

the buckets are only a $460 option... however be aware that a 60/40 split bench decreases the value of the truck by over 400 bucks according to edmunds.com... i was surprised in seeing that