Built me a amp rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started on my install. Friday ran wires, Sat made the amp rack. I still have to put the components in the doors, and Pick a bolt to run my ground wire to. Tomorrow, I'll pull the seat out and sand the paint down to ground it. Prolly finish up tomorrow or tuesday. I hate that they put a molex plug in the door hinge, wish it was a open hole to run the wire through. How did you guys run your wire through there? Might put a hole to run it through there and I need to get some carpet to cover it too. Looking pretty good for my first amp rack ever made.

2544068630_8899cb767b_b.jpg

2544062844_6f388120c2_b.jpg

2544054990_6e0f3a83bc_b.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I ran my ground on the far driver's side lower seat bolt and the plastic trim covers it well. Sand the sh*t out of it tho.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good I need to make mine like that for extra room on my final.

Just use a heavy duty Zip Tie and tape the wire to it. Pull both ends of the molex out and scrunch it straight as possible, then fish the Zip Tie through first. I do it this way. Just Vaseline the Zip Tie and the first few inches of the wire.

It will come right through once you get the Zip Tie through. Its a little frustrating but works for sure.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I ran my ground on the far driver's side lower seat bolt and the plastic trim covers it well. Sand the sh*t out of it tho.

I was thinking of using the one right there in the middle, on the front end of the second row bench seat. Not too happy about having to pull up the second row again but hey gotta do what I gotta do.Taking some time too because I gotta build up my tools since I moved out. So I've been having to go back to my grandparents pad to use some of the tools I don't have with me. :skep:

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just use a heavy duty Zip Tie and tape the wire to it. Pull both ends of the molex out and scrunch it straight as possible, then fish the Zip Tie through first. I do it this way. Just Vaseline the Zip Tie and the first few inches of the wire.

It will come right through once you get the Zip Tie through. Its a little frustrating but works for sure.

I'll look into that today prolly when I get to that point.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn guys where you guys getting all this cash for these awsome mods i'm doing something wrong here ! :) ...this amp install looks awsome !

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the ground done. Just need to connect the power to the battery and put the speakers in the door. Gonna test it all tommorow before puttin them in the door. more pics tomorrow.

Damn guys where you guys getting all this cash for these awsome mods i'm doing something wrong here ! :) ...this amp install looks awsome !

Well I already had the amps from my previous car. Just bought new wire, mdf board and components.

99TAHOE22'S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks real nice I have a 10 disc changer mounted under my rear seat behind the driver so it cant come up anymore but thinking of putting a system back in the truck i used to have 2 18's in it but it was way beyond to loud i had to take it out

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished the install. Glad I didn't sell my amps and sub awhile ago. Way better then the stock blows system. Now I just need to get some Carpet and I'm truly finished. Sorry I meant to take pics of lil things as I did the install but I was tired and didn't have the Cam near by. So if anyone have any questions I'll do my best to help. I'll get some pics tomorrow after a vacuum and a wash.

I also did a Big 3 upgrade wit my left over wire. Still have a bunch left over.

So I'm running:

Pioneer Dehp-9800BT
Profile CA 440
Profile CA 800
10" Kicker L7
Infinity 6020cs Component Sets in all the doors.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the wait. MY bios on my computer took a dump on me, so I had to fix that first. Alright sorry I didn't get pics of the install. But heres what the crappy blows speakers look like compared to the infinity's.

2561321381_a5ae3edd10.jpg

Here some shots of the infinity's installed and everything hooked up. Still need some carpet tho, but I couldn't wait.

2561414237_e1b89b1413.jpg

2562230794_3532aeef77.jpg

2561386745_d0b50bc3a7.jpg

2562189168_2d55e45fce.jpg

2562179878_8b619b9c60.jpg

2562155354_004e20b990.jpg

Last edited:

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just broke the bottom bottom pressure clip on the molex to give my wires some room, So I wouldn't have to cut the puter most jacket off the wires.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just broke the bottom bottom pressure clip on the molex to give my wires some room, So I wouldn't have to cut the puter most jacket off the wires.

Weird. My speaker wire with jacket is as big as 8GA and it went through quite good.

Hell, you got it in there and thats what counts....lol

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna extend my final rack past the plastic there and put MDF to the floor.

With carpet I think that would look pretty good.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. My speaker wire with jacket is as big as 8GA and it went through quite good.

Hell, you got it in there and thats what counts....lol

The ones on the rear doors. Because theres no open hole. Maybe one day I'll snap a pic. Up front it's a open pass-thru hole, but not in the rear.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna extend my final rack past the plastic there and put MDF to the floor.

With carpet I think that would look pretty good.

That'd be nice. then you could build a cover, to clean up the look if you make it look sunken in.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones on the rear doors. Because theres no open hole. Maybe one day I'll snap a pic. Up front it's a open pass-thru hole, but not in the rear.

Oh my bad...lol

I don't use rear speakers but I will check it out for reference.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'd be nice. then you could build a cover, to clean up the look if you make it look sunken in.

I was gonna with my current one but I didn't like it. Not with the current amps and such. You can see it in my project thread.

The next pair of amps for the final rack will get one.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Almost forgot the Sub. Thought I put a pic up. Nothing Special till I get a box built behind the trim panel.

2563128849_e7c79f166f.jpg

2563130965_09f0b603d2.jpg