Built me a amp rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took some plumber strap or what ever its called. Actually i think it was a brace for a garage door opener. Loosened the seat a lil, bent the star around the seat brace. Then used a screw, bolt and washer, to bolt a piece of MDF to the plumber strap. Then screwed the amp rack down to the MDF mount. When I take it up to put carpet on it I'll get some pics but I dunno when I'm do that tho. Doesn't move or rattle.

01smellytahoe

Reaction score
what brand of mounting kit for the cd player is that? Seems the only ones i can find have the cd player sticking out of the dash a mile.

tekkitan

Reaction score
that is really slick. gave me an idea of where to put my amps and crossovers :)

next i have to figure out where i am going to put the sub. i REALLY want it hidden somewhere, i have to figure out where though.

TangibleGhost

Reaction score
Eh, I'm thinking about putting some subs in the rear cargo doors of my 95. They have some replacement panels that hold 10's on www.audio-n-more.com for like 185 a piece and look almost factory. They can't hold 12's but I'm planning on doing the full sound dampening on the truck and I mostly listen to metal anyway so it should be enough for me.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is really slick. gave me an idea of where to put my amps and crossovers :)

next i have to figure out where i am going to put the sub. i REALLY want it hidden somewhere, i have to figure out where though.

eventually I wanna hide mine in the rear side panel, where the 01-02's have the stock sub. Need to have someone build me a box. Wish JK lived in so cal. hahaha

tekkitan

Reaction score
eventually I wanna hide mine in the rear side panel, where the 01-02's have the stock sub. Need to have someone build me a box. Wish JK lived in so cal. hahaha

yeah i am still trying to figure it out. i was looking at a nice powered sub 10" by infinity since i am new to the advanced sound stuff, but it wont fit under the center console and wont fit under any of the seats i dont think. i dont want a sub anywhere where i can store things or where feet can go (i have 3rd row seat), so it's going to be interested on what i can find.

TangibleGhost

Reaction score
If you want it hidden (like I do) You are pretty much limited to 4 places to put it. Under the seats in a custom downward firing encloser. Under a custom center console. In the rear side panels. Or in the rear cargo door(s). Also you are pretty much limited to 10" and must be shollow mount from the enclosures/kits I've seen online. The setup I'm going for is a dual subs in the rear cargo doors inside some Q-custome factory style panels, with a 1k watt 5ch amp on the underside of the folding rear seat (attached to the seat, not the floor) All in all the whole thing will look factory except for the head unit. oh, and this is what i mean by shallow mount http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9156_Rockford+Fosgate+Punch+P3SD210+Shallow-mount.html

tekkitan

Reaction score
If you want it hidden (like I do) You are pretty much limited to 4 places to put it. Under the seats in a custom downward firing encloser. Under a custom center console. In the rear side panels. Or in the rear cargo door(s). Also you are pretty much limited to 10" and must be shollow mount from the enclosures/kits I've seen online. The setup I'm going for is a dual subs in the rear cargo doors inside some Q-custome factory style panels, with a 1k watt 5ch amp on the underside of the folding rear seat (attached to the seat, not the floor) All in all the whole thing will look factory except for the head unit. oh, and this is what i mean by shallow mount http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9156_Rockford+Fosgate+Punch+P3SD210+Shallow-mount.html

I figured those would be the choices. The rear cargo panels seem like the way to go. I was only looking at 10" subs anyways, and I am not sure if I need two so I was just going to get one. I dont need it to move my rear view mirror, just something I can feel in hard hitting bass music.

TangibleGhost

Reaction score
Eh, the way I figure it, if those 2 10s in the back doors don't quite cut it (aside from metal do tend to listen to alot of EBM underground stuff, lots of bass) I can always put another pair under the front seats and put in another amp under the back seat next to the 5ch. But just to make sure you get the most out of the smaller subs you should definately invest a little bit of time and money into some sound dampening. I'm planning to get a couple rolls of RAAMmax and a few yards of ensolite, along with some of the Dynaxorb things from dynamat. It should sound really good even though it's smaller subs and large cabin space.

Last edited:

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my third row, but I take my sub out and put the seat in if I have to. My third row is sitting in the garage.

tekkitan

Reaction score
I have my third row, but I take my sub out and put the seat in if I have to. My third row is sitting in the garage.

I would like something I don't have to remove all the time I want to have a 3rd row or want to haul something in the back. It would just be an added annoyance (to me at least).

TangibleGhost

Reaction score
yep, that's why my whole system will be hidden. Hell, the only time you would even see the amp is when the rear seats are folded down for extra cargo space.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, that's why my whole system will be hidden. Hell, the only time you would even see the amp is when the rear seats are folded down for extra cargo space.

Make sure you have clearance, because when you let the seats down the top of the back rest rubs the bottom of the seat. unless you plan on sinkin the amp into the seat.

TangibleGhost

Reaction score
Make sure you have clearance, because when you let the seats down the top of the back rest rubs the bottom of the seat. unless you plan on sinkin the amp into the seat.

yeah thats just my current plan, i may have to adjust for stuff like that when i actually get all the stuff for the system