Buying a used Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajay

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry if this topic has already been beaten to death but I am a new forum member that is determined to own a 2005 or newer Z71 Tahoe by this time next month. I would appreciate any advise or recommendations for options and year. I have heard that the 2005 and newer doesn't have the piston slap problem. I plan to use the vehicle for a daily driver and for towing my boat short distances. Boat is a 20' bowrider on a single axle trailer with brakes. Other then that I'm just looking for dependable transportation in the snow.

Any comments would be appreciated!

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeap, that's what I have heard too. My truck has a pretty loud slap, but is gone within a few mins of warmup.

Buy the truck before the end of the year, and preferably end of this month. Dealers go crazy to meet their annual sales quotas and it's the best time to buy a vehicle.

Ajay

Reaction score
Is the towing package worth anything for light towing purposes?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd almost want a truck without a hitch just so you know it was never used to tow (transmissions are a know issue on those trucks). Hitch and trailer wiring is only gonna set you back $250-$300 anyway.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
high

that looks alitlle steep to me my boss just bought a 07 denali with 30k for $24000 today so a 06 for 20 sound steep

just my opinion though

Ajay

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

Can someone tell me the (major) differences between the Denali and the Tahoe? I thought it was just trim but from my reading I have learned the Denali has the 6.2 engine and a 6 sp tranny?

Ajay

Reaction score
that looks alitlle steep to me my boss just bought a 07 denali with 30k for $24000 today so a 06 for 20 sound steep

just my opinion though

If anyone trips over another deal like that one please let me know! Your boss got a smokin deal in my opinion :thumbsup:

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice but it has the second row bench not buckets and the price is pretty steep. Trade in value on my '04 with 39k is $9900 and my '08 Z71 with 67k is $19000. Just go give you an idea of what they're worth right now.

Ajay

Reaction score
Looks nice but it has the second row bench not buckets and the price is pretty steep. Trade in value on my '04 with 39k is $9900 and my '08 Z71 with 67k is $19000. Just go give you an idea of what they're worth right now.

OK

I spent the day lookin and driving and I have decided it's got to be a 2007 or later Denali.

Anybody know of one to be had in the mid 20's ??