Buying Tahoe 07> - Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andersström

Reaction score
Thread posted all the way from Sweden :)

I've been browsing around the forum threads but have'nt found any that answers my question/questions.

I am thinking about buying a Tahoe -07 or newer and would like to know what to be aware of on that modell. What potential faults to look out for.
I know most of you would say "There is no problems with the Tahoe" :p
But anyway, IF there should be anything to look out for, what would that be.

What model? LTZ or LT?
I know that LTZ has more equipment. But besides that, what are the + or - for the model's
The reason that I am asking this question is that a dealer in town has -07 LT with 43000 km and am thinking if this could be a good buy.
Have'nt driven it yet so i dont know how it behaves on the road.

Greatful for all advice I can get

/Anders

Last edited:

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can google and see lists of things that are pattern failures or some people on here will respond. Known for cracked dashes. If the dash in one you look at is not cracked then may never have been, may have been replaced or may have an overlay on it.

thzpcs

Reaction score
Anyone know what causes the dash cracking issue? Just poor quality material, or is there something we can do to avoid it?

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a combination of poor quality manufacturing process with poor quality material that caused cracks at a lot of the attaching points and they spread out from there.

Andersström

Reaction score
LS vs. LTZ?

Thanks for the tip about cracking dash.

How about LS-model against LTZ ( I wrote LT earlier but it is an LS)?
Is it a bad buy to go for the LS-modell?
Or is the extra options on the LTZ realy worth the money?
This specific car I mentioned in my first post seams to be a good object.
Here is a link to the add : http://www.blocket.se/kronoberg/Chevrolet_Tahoe_LS_V8__Fin_bil_med_laga_mil__57436059.htm?aw=1
The add is i Swedish but this is the equipment entered in the add:
AC, Electronic Stability Control, Cruise Control, Multifunction steering wheel, door sill, Remote power locks, Trip Computer, Tinted glass rear, Airbag driver & passenger, Side airbags, CD stereo, arm rest, Electric windows front and rear, Remote central door locking.

Vista Cruiser 69

Reaction score
Hey Anders,
not an expert on the newer series with my 2001 (actually I checked your link and directly went to the 2004 offered in Staffanstorp for half the price and looking quite reasonable for his age and mileage. I'd prefer! And it is a Euro version as you can spot by the hook (Westfalia or Oris) The black LS seems to have a US type which at least in Germany causes trouble getting it licensed in full.
Anyway, that black one is nice but as you say yourself - an LTZ brings this fully loaded/all options/2much2list-kind of thing while that LS looks quite plain. Basically if you buy second or third hand the fully loaded get less expensive and you can enjoy leather, e-seats, all those electric gadgets an gismos only for a bit more.
HOWEVER, what's not on board cannot blow up... And in this forum there's quite alot of people annoyed by tire pressure sensors sensing rubbish, Autoride systems cocked up etc.
And personally -having two kids - there is hardly a thing more stupid than buying a car with light grey velour interior. Even I alone would screw it up but my kids would do in an instant. Vinyl or leather - the darker the better. But your call... Good luck

Andersström

Reaction score
No deal on this one!

I let this one go. It was sold a month later. I dont know for how much though.
So I just keep on looking for another one. :)
There are a lot og 07's and 08's for sale but most of them has run many miles. 10000-15000mi.
Should I see this as a problem? What should I look oout for on a Tahoe with tha much milage?