bypass for dvd playback in dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If interested I have the 1st version Lockpick available for $75 shipped. I don't believe it will work for the 08 models. It will work with all trucks built before 10/06(which is most '07 models). This version will override the DVD (in motion) option and also allow you to use the Nav Input while in motion. It does not have any other extra inputs/outputs like the newer versions. PM if interested.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUBBIN' 22''$ said.....hey man there should be a parking wire in the back of the dvd player, and you have to connect it in with the ground wires and it will work.
Has any one tried this and does it work. Would certainly be the cheaper route

That is completely wrong. There is nothing to try. That is not how the system works.

AFTERMARKET dvd players have a wire that you are supposed to attach to the parking brake indicator light. This forces you to have the parking brake on to unlock video play. The work-around is to ground it so it always thinks the parking brake is applied.

The OEM dvd/nav does not work like that. The parking brake has nothing to do with it. The system knows when you are in motion. The only option is a "lockpick". Otherwise people would not be spending the time/money to develop such electronics to overide the system.

GIXXER

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's exactly correct either. When you activate teh lockpick to add addresses or whatever while in motion, the vehicle on the navigation screen stops moving. The vehicle is tricked into thinking it's not moving. An additional reason why I don't think it's splicing into the GPS is that the Sat plug in the upper corner of the glove box.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If interested I have the 1st version Lockpick available for $75 shipped. I don't believe it will work for the 08 models. It will work with all trucks built before 10/06(which is most '07 models). This version will override the DVD (in motion) option and also allow you to use the Nav Input while in motion. It does not have any other extra inputs/outputs like the newer versions. PM if interested.

man...this is the type of Lockpick I need. I don't need all the other features. But my 07 Denali was built after 10/06.

dam

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man...this is the type of Lockpick I need. I don't need all the other features. But my 07 Denali was built after 10/06.

dam

You are welcome to try it and if it doesn't work, I'll give you a full refund. My Tahoe was 10/06, but I'm using an 08 nav unit. I'm not sure if it's due to my nav unit being an 08 or my truck having a build date of 11/06. Coastal Tech told me that GM changed some of the software after 10/06 and that earlier lockpicks were not working with some newer trucks, but not all.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are welcome to try it and if it doesn't work, I'll give you a full refund. My Tahoe was 10/06, but I'm using an 08 nav unit. I'm not sure if it's due to my nav unit being an 08 or my truck having a build date of 11/06. Coastal Tech told me that GM changed some of the software after 10/06 and that earlier lockpicks were not working with some newer trucks, but not all.

Thanks man. I wish I could use it but my truck was built 5/07.