CAI with best MPG gain....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so now that i have my exhaust system complete, i am looking to get a CAI system. I was wondering what you guys have seen as far as gains in your MPG with your aftermarket CAI systems? at this point im just trying get as good of gas mileage as i can. please help me make my decision guys!!!

Val0412

Reaction score
MPG gains are about the same for all of them. 1-2 MPG. And that is if you can keep your foot out of it... Not easy to do when you're making more power...

whiteZ714x4

Reaction score
Why do you say this boostaholic

EDIT: Think it was a joke, yea AEM is best I agree. Justin from blackbearperformanc eis doing a test on several intakes as we speak and will declare a winner

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have read the AEM flows the best, and you don't have to oil the filter.

I am a reader and haven't tested them. My boss has a K&N on his Denali, he also did a custom catback at the same time.

Probably would get better mileage but now he can't keep his foot out of it.

PS It shows in his Sig that he has an AEM :)

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you say this boostaholic

EDIT: Think it was a joke, yea AEM is best I agree. Justin from blackbearperformanc eis doing a test on several intakes as we speak and will declare a winner

The results will be posted soon. We pulled the K&N FIPK kit off of my Tahoe for the test.

AEM didn't win.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's the easiest to clean and I'll just add some nitrous or a blower if it isn't fast enough after tune/heads/cam/longtubes :D

AaronJames

Reaction score
Any update on this comparison? I am getting ready to order a CAI and programmer for my 2001 Tahoe and I would love to take advantage of this research.

Thanks,
Aaron

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha mileage, I just got my "Stimulus Payment" called my shop and ordered a Torsion Key Lift ($200) installed and done, and some 33x12.5-17s. Getting them on Wednesday. :) :) :) I will definitely get some before and after pics up :). Then I'm gonna go get it really dirty!!