Can cranking the Torrsion bar hurt anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xTAHOEx

Reaction score
I was thinking about putting lift blocks in the back of my 96 2 door tahoe and using the torrsion bar to raise the front and i was wondering if cranking the torrsion bar that much will hurt anything besides the ride quallity. Also if it does what other way could i lift the front.

clkelley

Reaction score
Yes, it CAN cause premature failure of the springs in the t-bars, and it can cause added stress on control arms, axles and other parts of the front suspension. A better way to do it is to order a tortion key leveling kit similar to the one in the link below. The one listed in the link is for 2001-2006, I just haven't had a chance to load siimilar kits for your year model as yet.

http://www.syntheticmotorsports.org...2 Inch Leveling Kit For 2001-2006 Chevy Tahoe

xTAHOEx

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. and also would something like that allow me to fit 33x12.5x15's on 15x 10 wheels without scrubbing?

clkelley

Reaction score
Yes, while also not messing with the OEM geometry of the front suspension so the added stress of the extra weight from the larger tires, etc have less of a negative impact on suspension parts.

If you would like a quote on a kit let me know, I can save you some money with our forum member discounts.

xTAHOEx

Reaction score
thanks for all the help trying to get everything straight before laying down the money