Can I remove the luggage rack crossbars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwrstroker00

Reaction score
Hello All,

Does anyone know if the luggage rack crossbars (the two adjustable ones that go from side to side) can be removed with getting rid of the whole mounting system? I'm planning on putting a Torsion key lift on the Tahoe, but that may make it too big to fit in the garage. Thanks alot!!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull allen bolts on the side rails and the centers will come apart, pretty easy and it looks 10x better without the centers. I don't like the way they look with no rack, gotta have at least the side rails in my opinion.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2K 'Ho. To remove my cross bars I had to pry off the plastic cover on the top of the end caps on the back of the side rails. Then I could remove the end cap with some kind of driver, I don't remember but I think it was a torx of some size. Then the cross bars slide off the back. My plastic covers came off easily but I think it could be possible to break one of you aren't too careful.

str8wkd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh there is two torx bolts that holds the back caps on take them out and pull the bards off takes 10 min just did mine this weekend looks hlla alot better