Cargo rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chasmanian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one know of a way to pull the cross racks out of the runners with out removing the whole thing off the truck?

Oh ya, 03 Tahoe

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one know of a way to pull the cross racks out of the runners with out removing the whole thing off the truck?

Oh ya, 03 Tahoe

well, you can just take off the front or the rear, and completely slide them off that way...but other than that I dunno.

Chasmanian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking also, was just hoping they would just pop on and off for when I need them.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2K 'Ho. I took of my cross bars. It still has the side rails that run the lenght of the roof but the cross bars are gone. I like the look better and who knows, with the price of gas if I reduce my drag coefficient by even a fraction of a percent it might help. Anyway, as you know, you can slide them forward and back on the side rails. At the back they hit the mounting bracket and can't go any further. I don't know about an '03, but on mine, I could pry out the top cover of the end bracket. I used a small flat screw driver to get under the edge and gently lifted. It is meant to come out, there are taps that clip in but if you're careful you can get this cover off. If I recall, that's all I had to do, at that point I just worked the cross bars off the back then popped the covers back on the end brackets. I can't remember anything else and I don't have the ride with me here to go double check but it can be done.

Good luck.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just remembered, seems like there are a couple of torx screws you need to take out to get an end cap off once you get the snap on cover off.