Chrome door handle overlays....thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sievz7

Reaction score
Guys,

See the sig....the only thing distinguishing my 3LT from an LTZ is the Nav and the chrome accents.

I was wondering what kind of luck people have had with the plastic "chrome" overlays for the door handles/mirrors?

I have an '04 Dodge Ram that I bought used and it has them on there and they actually look pretty good, so I was considering getting a set for the 'Hoe instead of having to remove the door panels. (Once you pull 'em off once, those plastic studs never fit as tight!)

sievz

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with aftermarket chrome handles all together and then replace the door clips because I've heard one is so replace them and all the other cheap clips and other materials like the ones used to hold the fenders/wheelwells because they lose their holding ability after removed.
I also would not choose the GM aftermarket handles because they break easily, www.autoanything.com has some chrome handles.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what kind of luck people have had with the plastic "chrome" overlays for the door handles/mirrors?
I bought chrome overlays for my mirrors. They're holding up really well and don't interfere with the power folding function at all. They also have a cutout for the puddle lights. It's really easy to install and I think it blends in quite well with the overall look of my Denali. I went with just the lower portion instead of the upper part of the mirror.

I have pictures and more information here:

http://istargazer.blogspot.com/2008/09/2007-gmc-yukon-xl-denali-11440-km.html

I haven't taken a close look at how the door handle overlays fit, but wouldn't they get a lot more wear and tear just by people grabbing them all the time?

sievz7

Reaction score
Stargazer,

Those look really good. I agree with you, you can have TOO much chrome, and those bottoms really accent the vehicle well.

I always thought handle overlays would get worn out too, but like I said, my pickup has them on and I haven't had a problem. I've owned the truck for 1 1/2 years with them on.

I don't know, I'll have to think on it....not to mention my wife would freak if she came home and I had the door panels of our new 'Hoe ripped off!

sievz7

Reaction score
Stargazer,

I just checked out the pic in your signature....looks like you know your way around a camera? That's a sweet picture. Looks like something you would see in a magazine ad!

I've got a baby on the way and the wife and I are going to buy a new camera this afternoon....I hope to be able to use it like that!

Great Pic.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

See the sig....the only thing distinguishing my 3LT from an LTZ is the Nav and the chrome accents.

I have an '04 Dodge Ram that I bought used and it has them on there and they actually look pretty good, so I was considering getting a set for the 'Hoe instead of having to remove the door panels. (Once you pull 'em off once, those plastic studs never fit as tight!)

sievz

Let's see some pics with those 22s. TIA

Here's a pic of silver birch with chrome overlays.............2 years and no issues at all.

P2190162.jpg

sievz7

Reaction score
Overlays look nice! Glad to hear you haven't had any issues. Where did you get them? Cost? Thanks for posting pics.

I've been wait'n for some nice weather to really get her shined up, but havent' been so lucky.

I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a baby on the way and the wife and I are going to buy a new camera this afternoon....I hope to be able to use it like that!

Great Pic.
Thanks. I picked up my first DSLR a couple of years ago and have been having fun with it.

Congrats on the baby! I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to use your new camera :cool:.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

turboeclips

Reaction score
sievz....

I actually have a set of the chrome overlays that I would be willing to let go for about $30 shipped.

I decided not to use them after all and they have just been sitting in the closet.

PM me if you are interested. They are brand new.

-Anthony

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reasoning behind your opinion? Bad experiences?

hbrbmx, it's raining here today, and I still have yet to find time to clean the 'hoe, but as soon as I do, I'll post some pics. Also, thanks for the info.

oh i have never used them nor researched enough to see if there's issue with the chrome accent pieces for the door handles, my reasoning is I feel the trucks look better with painted handles -- if you notice my reason for editing it is because i think keepin' the paint keeps it cleaner!