Climate control freaking out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tinner

Reaction score
Was thinking about this problem last night. If the motor is bad then when the signal went to it to operate, it wouldn't. The only way it would suddenly move from one position to the other ie. go from directing cold air to one side or the other is when a signal from the control panel tells it to. The problem must be in the controls. Any thoughts on this?

db123

Reaction score
rear climate control problem

I have a climate control problem,and its not that the passenger side gets hot..its the rear vents.....it will be cold up front sometimes,and hot in rear....?

db123

Reaction score
so its the rear actuator ?..any body know exactly what its called,and where its located?

1countryboy

Reaction score
Climate control freaking out

Where is the actuator for the front passenger system located?

hendedo

Reaction score
This sounds like our 03 Z-71; cool on driver side and rear but HOT on passenger side. Can we do this ourselves? We just need some direction on what is involved and I saw the part numbers previously posted.

If anyone has ANY pics of this we would appreciate it.

Thank You.

z71_tahoe

Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on a solution here? It seems there are tons of thoughts and a few different ideas, but has anyone identified the culprit?

I have an 04 Z71 tahoe with the exact same problems. It blows hot on the passenger side when it should be cold and it seems to snap out of it after a while...usually after shut down and re-starting.

The previous owner told me the system "loses it's mind in 70F degree weather" ...he thought it was a controls problem. I almost think so too, otherwise why would it move after a restart??

HELP! :)

CondoMan

Reaction score
I've read this Forum and another one dealing with this same exact problem and I have an 04 Tahoe LT with a dual digital AC Control Module that has been doing this same thing for years. Just this week though it decided to stink in the heat mode on the driver's side and I took it in to a friend that read the computer and found no issues. He popped the fuse under the hood and reset it but that didn't work either. He suggested purchasing an AC Control Module but I'm hoping that SOMEONE has since this thread was last posted in has resolved the issue. I'd really like to purchase the CORRECT part to fix it instead of buying a Control Module and if that doesn't work, then buying an Actuator. Has ANYONE gotten their vehicle fixed permanently? And if so, would you please reply and note what part needed to be replaced. Thanks!