Computer Flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:ack:Has anyone gone to the dealership and had there computer flashed? I had it done to my old 99 tahoe i was wondering if anyone had got it done to there 00' and up tahoe and how much of a difference did it makes cus i want to figure out if its worth paying over $300 for the Diablo programmer or just going to the dealership and paying $100 to get it flashed. It's a head scratcher!

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the waiting list for a Blackbear so I can't speak from experience, but from all I've picked up here, it's definitely the way to go, and cheaper than the Diablo as well.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the waiting list for a Blackbear so I can't speak from experience, but from all I've picked up here, it's definitely the way to go, and cheaper than the Diablo as well.

IM also on the waiting list but from what i hear on the forum its so darn worth it. :cool2:

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone yall have seen done tests to compare it to other programmers?? or is it too new for anyone to show results?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The dealer would merely flash your PCM with the newest software updates. No "performance" changes to the stock tune.

We have had quite a few people sell their programmers in favor of a custom tune and said to have a night and day difference.

For instance, a Hypertech only touches 5-10 parameters (based on your choices) to whereas EFILive (the software we use) gives us access to change over 700. I don't have hardened facts on Diablo as far as their access to parameters, but I can only imagine that it is comparable to Hypertech and the other handhelds.

Last edited:

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jenna, have you ever calculated what the horsepower gain was or MPG boost with the programmer on your tahoe?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't have a programmer on the Tahoe but it was tuned using EFILive. I can only calculate my HP based on what EFILive says, and that is only an estimate. My Tahoe is not exactly stock so my HP/MPG gains have to be looked at with all modifications taken into account. I can say for a fact that I am very happy with how the Tahoe moves, quite impressive.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a programmer on the Tahoe but it was tuned using EFILive. I can only calculate my HP based on what EFILive says, and that is only an estimate. My Tahoe is not exactly stock so my HP/MPG gains have to be looked at with all modifications taken into account. I can say for a fact that I am very happy with how the Tahoe moves, quite impressive.

True dat!! I've run mine thru 2 full tanks and getting 2-3 more MPG's average over stock, runs like a raped ape and it's a blast to drive. The low profile I roll helps also when doing WOT on turns. Can't stress enough, BlackBear kicks arse, nuff said!!

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The initial investment with cable and deposit it about $550 plus but once you return the cable and the core PCM you're looking at a $200 tag, if you want to keet your stock PCM it's $300. Prices may have jumped up a lil bit but still very much worth it.

Check out their website here:
http://www.blackbearperformance.com/ or email them.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and who would know how to tune it exactly for best performance? or does it have preset settings?