Console Cupholder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more of a stalker than a poster, but I thought I'd finally post a question here. I have an '02 LT (which, by the way, I absolutely LOVE!!!), but the cupholder in the back of the center console keeps falling open!

There's a little clip that holds it shut, but half of it is broken. My question is how to take the clip off to find another one. I've tried & tried, but I can't get it off. You'd think that it just slides up, but it doesn't seem to. I don't want to force it off & break something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, does anyone know where to get a replacement clip?

BrokenClip.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried taking the center console completely out, you may be able to access that spot from the bottom of the console. I took mine out last summer but can't remember what the bottom looked like. Give it a try!!:thumbsup:

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried taking the center console completely out, you may be able to access that spot from the bottom of the console. I took mine out last summer but can't remember what the bottom looked like. Give it a try!!:thumbsup:

You were right, River. I had to take the whole console off to get the clip off. I looked around, and no one had one! Dealership was the only place that had it, and they wanted $15 for a little tiny piece of plastic!!!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the stealership is a rip off when it comes to those hard to find parts, my center console has 2 cigarette lighter sockets (aux power outlets) that had spring loaded covers (HAD is the proper term because both of them had stuff snag on them that busted them off) and the stealership quoted me almost 35 bucks a piece for them. Needless to say, I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on them, so they still are coverless!!
Be sure to try wrecking yards or fleebay!!

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, one of the places that I went to first told me to try a junkyard. But, I'm kinda handicapped for a little bit, so walkin' around a junkyard is gonna be difficult. That, and you should've seen me tryin' to get the original clip off!!! But I found the clip on gmpartdirect.com for only $8. More my style. The cigarette lighter next to the cupholder is missing it's cover, but I'm not worried about that. It can wait until I have some money to waste.

jlr425

Reaction score
Hey riviera racing, how did you take the console out?