cool Idea for fog lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn RT that just cant work IMO.....and if it did will it be weather-proof? Plus 400W could literaly blind somebody!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not worth 2k. But It would be fuggin sweet. I guess what you do is buy the lamps. take the inards out. Put them in some Hella projectors and then seal them up tight, pop them in the fogs and enjoy sunlight. I would love to see it done. :cool2:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Lumen rating would be around 45000 Lumens, compared to regular 3000 Lumen everyday HID's, even the driver would be screwed and he's not even looking at it!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn I wanna get a couple so bad. LOL But your right. Say good bye to vision for a LONG TIME if not for ever. I guess a projector with an incredible cutoff could shine all that light down ward. But they are the same a studio lights.

Better yet I should get the light they use in the luxor. Put it in a flood beam housing and have that. LOL.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL yea. Well I had a spotlight on my 06... Was a magnat and pluged in to the aux port for power and wired in to the headlights for low high. Had alot of fun with it LOL. 5 mil candel watt power low, 15 mil candel watt power high. I had it on there until I got HIDS in the lows highs and fogs. THis was also before I knew about the 6 high mod.

Low beam....

yes-4.jpg

High beam....
highbeam.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn RT if I hear somebody crashes in VA because of insanely bright lights on ANY suv/truck I will turn in your name as a suspect!lol

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn RT if I hear somebody crashes in VA because of insanely bright lights on ANY suv/truck I will turn in your name as a suspect!lol

Doing any mod was easier on my 06 than anything seems to be on the 07. Why did GM make it so freakin hard??? Plus there are no good aftermarket suppliers out there either. :cryin:

But I had that on my 06 when I just had that truck. It was great when on the beach, or on a back road. Flick the switch and it would bright and dim with the headlights, it was great, plus I could with the joystick move it around.