"Creaky" door hinge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo's66

Reaction score
Guys, both our trucks(2012 tahoe, 2011 Yukon) are having squeaking issues on all doors.. WD-40 them, squeaks back in a week.. Anyone else? What type of grease, etc to fix?

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the one thing about WD40, it is a poor lubricant, and doesn't last.

Basically any regular oil will protect better and longer. While one can get fancy, and buy a lube oil from a Gun Shop, or Bicycle Shop, I simply use regular motor oil. Even that in time leaves, but surely lasts way longer than WD40.

I like a small trigger type oiling can with a long flexible metal extension, makes it easier to get into tight areas. Hatchbacks, and SUVs are notorious for their hidden hinges on the rear lift glass.

I always have a small towel, or paper towel to catch any excess applied.

Greases have a tendency to stay put even better than an oil, but greases can be hard to get into tight areas, and areas that have tight clearances.

A needle type attachment for a grease gun would be an aid.

tex02

Reaction score
Had the same issue, used some 3 in 1 oil and it's all good now, no more creaking.

Ont240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motorcycle chain lube in spray can works great too!
Has an agent to resist water