cruise control help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I’m looking for some directions for chasing down a cruise control problem. On my 03 2wd Tahoe the cruise worked fine until the day after I installed my amp using the PAC adaptor. I of course had to remove the dash bezel and to do that I had to drop the steering wheel down to its lowest setting. Could I have unpluged something?
Since I messed with the electrical system I want to start with the fuses but don’t know where. Anyone know the location of the cruise control fuse?
Everything else on the stalk works fine but not the cruise so I don’t think that I need to replace the stalk yet.

Any help would be great.

Jon

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure your brake lights still work. My tail lights weren't working, (not the third brake light but the left and right one), my brake switch went bad which caused the cruise control to stop working. If that's the case it's like a $17 part and $90 of labor.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the brakes light up fine. I did however swap the bulbs to LED versions. Just for a test I'll yank them and relplace them with regular bulbs to see if they are creating an issue.

When I say that the cruise is not working I mean that the indicator light on the dash does not even come on.

Anyone know which fuse controls the cc?

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not the fuse mine does the excact same thing, and I also changed the bulbs for leds thats probably it Im going to swap em tomorow see if that is is b.c its not the brake light b.c the 3rd brake lights still comes on and its not the pac adaptor b.c mine was working fine when I installed my navigation the only thing I remeber changed was the led brake bulbs. Im going to be pisst if thats it.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure your brake lights still work. My tail lights weren't working, (not the third brake light but the left and right one), my brake switch went bad which caused the cruise control to stop working. If that's the case it's like a $17 part and $90 of labor.

I had the same problem, just replaced the switch and it still doesn't work, so now they have to go in and check the computer. That's the part I'm not thrilled about :(

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news I swapped the brake light bulbs and it works now so any one with the same issue can try this if you have led light bulbs swap them for regular ones and it might work

blutarsky

Reaction score

Ok.. So *I* just checked my brake lights and none are working. (My cruise has been out and I this response made me look at the brake lights.)

My Tahoe had the intermediate steering shaft replaced at a Chevy dealership. What did they screw-up?

Thanks.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news I swapped the brake light bulbs and it works now so any one with the same issue can try this if you have led light bulbs swap them for regular ones and it might work

yep, just swapped the bulbs back to regular ones and the cruise works fine. I suppose that the low voltage use makes the system think that the bulb is out.

everything is back to normal. how do you guys with with leds keep everything working?

Jon