D & 3 gone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My wife was driving our 07 Tahoe when Drive and 3rd just went away. No slipping no nothing they just went away. She drove home in 2nd. 1st, 2nd and reverse still work perefectly. I checked fuses. Is there anything that I could check before taking it to the dealer?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YIKES! How many miles, man? You got a programmer on there, or is it stock? Also, how heavy / how much towing do you do?

[email protected]

Reaction score
D & 3 still gone

The Tahoe has 29100 miles on it. We have towed our boat to the river and back one time. We leave it there all summer. Is there anything I can look at, or is it deep inside the system? It is box stock.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing to check is the trans fluid level. If it's low, it's still dealer time (why did it leak?). Any way you lok at it, it's definitely time for the dealership. I wouldn't mention anything about towing the boat...unless you're 1000% sure it's well under the max towing weight limits, and you didn't tow it in the break-in period.

Good luck,and let us know what happens.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, as everyone else has said, dealer time it is.

Unless it randomly starts working again (not likely), there's not much you can or should attempt on your own, with a vehicle that's still covered under warranty.

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think everyone is in sync, but let me ad another vote of support. Ass evryone said take it to the dealer, even if it starts working properly again. That is an abnormality and even if the dealer finds nothing wrong you can start a paper trail in case it keep happening and eventually gets worst. make sure you keep a file of all the documents related to this issue. If it happens again outside of warranty mileage and they then find out what is wrong and want to charge you to fix it, you have proof that it was a previosuly reported issue and they will have to fix it as if it was under warranty.