Damnit!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay guys last saturday i did an overhaul on my brakes. new master, new calipers, new rotors, new drums, new shoes and pads.. but it seems like i cant get the air out or something, i followed instructions bench bleeding the master that went well. but my pedal has almost no firmness to it , ive bled the brakes rear to front, with truck off , with truck on. i just dont get it if anyone could help it would be much appreciated thanks

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you adjust the rear brakes, if not do so. then i would bleed the master on the car. i never only bench bleed i do both. fill master , have someone else pump up the brakes, then have them hold pressure on the pedal, at this point open one line on the master, the pedal will fade to the floor, and air should come out of the line if there is any. repeat this step for all lines on the master. you can do this step more than once, make sure master is full. check pedal now, should be good. if not bleed all wheels. start with right rear, then left rear, then right front, then left front. remeber to always check master level after bleeding system, good luck. try this post your findings.

blk87brd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but it is possible to install the front calipers on the wrong side, ie left on right, right on left. The result is the bleeder is no longer at the high point so air remains trapped. Is it possible that you might have reversed them??

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will try what you say mygreen, there is no way to put the calipers on the wrong side the brake lines wont reach, and i definitly am not low on fluid its got to be airlocked, after talking with someone at work i think i may have not adjusted the rears right, he told me you want to have some resistance on your spin as if the shoes were kinda rubbing. im gonna give it a shot today and we will see what happens thanks guys

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, if the rears spin very freely, they are not adjusted. you'll want the shoes to just start to touch the drums, when that resistance is achieved your good.

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man thanks for the help i adjusted the drums so there was a good amount of resistance bled them out again and i barely have to touch the pedal and they stop on a dime, but i gotta take it easy for the first couple hundredmiles supposively. thanks again

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great, after driving it jack it up and check that they arent too tight. if they are they'll heat up. glad to help.