Dashboard replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mccloskey

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe that the top dash has cracked and I am wondering if anyone has found a source for a replacement dash. I am hesitant to use a product like Coverlay because I want it to look as stock as possible.
Thanks for any input.

Tex99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen plenty in the junkyards, but you want a good one, right color, probably 98-99 profile. There's several salvage/recycle websites that can point you in the right direction, even some on eBay. The first trick is to find the interchange number, then google search on that number.

Fair warning so you know what you're getting into: You say that the top dash has a crack, what you really probably have is a dash (large item) with a crack on top...

Last edited:

ralatkins

Reaction score
I've seen plenty in the junkyards, but you want a good one, right color, probably 98-99 profile. There's several salvage/recycle websites that can point you in the right direction, even some on eBay. The first trick is to find the interchange number, then google search on that number.

Fair warning so you know what you're getting into: You say that the top dash has a crack, what you really probably have is a dash (large item) with a crack on top...

and it is a serious pain to remove. serious pain

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never taken my dash off in my 98 tahoe but I did take the dash off in my 88 chevy silverado?

I took my dash off to build a RHD sheet metal dash.

I would check your local junk yard or you could even check www.CraigsList.com I see people selling there entire crashed trucks or people that have a blown motor or something dumb and they decide to part he entire truck out?

well good luck on your project.